The Swatter: April 13-20

September, Swatter
The Swatter

Fire Hazard

Date: Tuesday, April 14
Time: 1:56 p.m.
Location: Parrish Hall
Synopsis: While on patrol, Public Safety observed an individual smoking on the windowsill within a residence room in Parrish Hall. Upon arrival at room, the individual could not be found.
Status: Closed

Fire Alarm

Date: Wednesday, April 15
Time: 2:23 a.m.
Location: Ashton House
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to a fire alarm within Ashton House. Upon arrival, the building was checked and no cause for alarm could be found. Facilities notified.
Status: Inactive

Investigation Person(s)

Date: Thursday, April 16
Time: 5:17 p.m.
Location: McCabe Library
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to McCabe Library for the report of unauthorized use of public computers. The matter is under investigation.
Status: Investigation

Criminal Mischief

Date: Friday, April 17
Time: 1:38 a.m.
Location: Ashton House
Synopsis: Public Safety received a report from a Swarthmore resident student regarding a street sign sitting in the lounge area within Mertz Residence Hall. The sign belongs to Swarthmore Borough and they were notified.
Status: Closed

Bicycle Theft

Date: Friday, April 17
Time: 9:51 a.m.
Location: Dan and Sydney West House
Synopsis: Public Safety left a voicemail for the individual that reported a bicycle theft in 4/18/15. The call had not been returned as of 14:29 on 4/19/15. The matter is under investigation.
Status: Open

Fire Alarm

Date: Friday, April 17
Time: 1:52 p.m.
Location: Kohlberg Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety and Facilities responded to a fire alarm within Kohlberg Hall. Upon arrival, there was no sign of smoke or fire. Investigation determined that a detector inside of an air duct had activated. Facilities remained on location to resolve the issue.
Status: Closed

Theft

Date: Saturday, April 18
Time: 4:16 p.m.
Location: Lang Performing Arts Center
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Lang Performing Arts Center regarding a theft of a table within the lobby. Upon arrival, officers checked the surrounding area with negative results. The matter is under investigation.
Status: Open

Criminal Mischief

Date: Sunday, April 19
Time: 10:21 a.m.
Location: Mertz Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Mertz Residence Hall for the report of vandalism. Pictures are attached to the report. The matter is under investigation.
Status: Open

Disturbance

Date: Sunday, April 19
Time: 4:19 p.m.
Location: Beardsley Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Beardsley Hall for the report of a disturbance. Investigation determines that a Swarthmore student has a verbal altercation with another individual, but that everything was fine and no further action was necessary.
Status: Closed

Noise Complaint

Date: Monday, April 20
Time: 3:53 a.m.
Location: Alice Paul Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to the courtyard of Alice Paul Residence Hall for a noise complaint. Upon arrival, the area was checked with negative results.
Status: Closed