The Swatter: March 26, 2018 – April 2, 2018

September, Swatter
The Swatter

Medical Response

Date: Monday, March 26, 2018

Time: 08:22 PM

Location: Matchbox

Synopsis: Public Safety responded to the Matchbox for the report of an ill Swarthmore student. It was determined that the student did not require further evaluation or treatment.

Status: Closed

Controlled Substance – Marijuana Possession

Date: Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Time: 10:41 AM

Location: Wharton Residence Hall

Synopsis: While responding to Wharton Residence Hall for a well-being check, officers observed marijuana and a covered smoke detector in a room. The matter has been referred to the Dean’s Office.

Status: Dean’s referral

Institutional Vandalism

Date: Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Time: 05:53 PM

Location: McCabe Library

Synopsis: Public Safety responded to McCabe Library for the report of graffiti. EVS was notified for clean-up. The matter is under investigation.

Status: Investigation

Institutional Vandalism

Date: Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Time: 07:39 AM

Location: Parrish Hall

Synopsis: Public Safety responded to the Parrish West elevator for the report of graffiti on the walls. EVS notified for clean-up. The matter is under investigation.

Status: Investigation

Unauthorized Activity

Date: Thursday, March 29, 2018

Time: 11:43 PM

Location: Worth Residence Hall

Synopsis: While on routine patrol in Worth Residence Hall, officers observed several students having an unauthorized party. The matter has been referred to the Dean’s Office.

Status: Dean’s referral

Unauthorized Activity

Date: Friday, March 30, 2018

Time: 12:03 AM

Location: Clothier Hall

Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Pub Nite at Paces for the report of drinking games. Upon arrival, the area was searched with negative results.

Status: Closed

Investigation

Date: Friday, March 30, 2018

Time: 01:57 PM

Location: Benjamin West House

Synopsis: Public Safety received a report about a Swarthmore student in possession of a knife. The knife was confiscated and the matter referred to the Dean’s Office.

Status: Dean’s referral

Unauthorized Activity

Date: Saturday, March 31, 2018

Time: 06:57 PM

Location: Crum Woods

Synopsis: While on routine patrol, Public Safety found a smouldering fire in the Crum Henge fire pit. The fire was extinguished.

Status: Inactive

Purchase, Consumption, Possession, or Transportation of Liquor, Malt, or Brewed Beverages

Date: Saturday, March 31, 2018

Time: 09:49 PM

Location: Crum Woods

Synopsis: While on routine patrol, Public Safety observed several juveniles in the Crum Meadow at an unauthorized bonfire. As the juveniles ran, they threw rocks at the officer. Swarthmore Police responded and cited one juvenile, not associated with the College, for underage drinking.

Status: Cleared/arrest

Investigation of Person(s)

Date: Saturday, March 31, 2018

Time: 11:28 PM

Location: Delta Upsilon (DU) Fraternity House

Synopsis: Public Safety responded to DU for the report of unknown individuals wanting entrance to an event. It was determined that the individuals were guests and authorized to attend the event.

Status: Closed

Institutional Vandalism

Date: Sunday, April 01, 2018

Time: 01:15 AM

Location: Danawell Residence Hall

Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Danawell Residence Hall for the report of vandalism. It was determined that exit signs in the hall were damaged; the value of the damage is not known at this time. The matter is under investigation.

Status: Investigation

Date: Sunday, April 01, 2018

Time: 02:46 AM

Location: Off-campus location

Synopsis: Public Safety received a report from Swarthmore Police about an intoxicated Swarthmore student found in Swarthmore Borough. The student was cited for underage drinking.

Status: Cleared/arrest

Fire

Date: Sunday, April 01, 2018

Time: 09:31 AM

Location: Pittenger Residence Hall

Synopsis: Public Safety, Swarthmore Police Department, Swarthmore Fire Department, Garden City Fire Department, and Facilities responded to Pittenger Residence Hall for an activated fire alarm. There was smoke and fire. The cause of the fire was an electric fan in a bathroom. The fire was extinguished.

Status: Closed

Medical Response

Date: Sunday, April 01, 2018

Time: 09:39 AM

Location: Sharples Dining Hall

Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Sharples Dining Hall for the report of an ill Swarthmore employee.

Status: Closed

Fire Alarm

Date: Monday, April 02, 2018

Time: 06:41 AM

Location: Whittier Meetinghouse

Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Whittier Meetinghouse for an activated fire alarm. There was no smoke or fire. It was determined that the alarm was activated by contractors on site. Facilities was notified.

Status: Inactive