/

The Swatter: February 23-March 1

September, Swatter
The Swatter

Public Safety Assistance

Location: College Avenue
Date: February 23, 2015
Time: 1:05 pm
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to College Avenue to assist a Swarthmore resident student with a vehicle issue.
Status: Closed

Fire Hazard/Suspicious Odor

Location: Pittenger Residence Hall
Date: February 23, 2015
Time: 3:46 pm
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Pittenger Residence Hall to check on the well being of a Swarthmore student. Upon arrival the student was located and officers found that the smoke detectors in the residence had been tampered with, preventing them from working. The odor of marijuana was also present. Matter referred to the Dean’s Office.
Status: Dean’s Referral

Forcible Fondling

Location: Swarthmore College Campus
Date: February 21, 2015
Time: 6:00 pm
Synopsis: The Title IX Coordinator received a report of forcible fondling that occurred on campus the evening of 2/21/15. The matter is under investigation.
Status: Investigation

Investigation

Location: Swarthmore College Campus
Date: February 24, 2015
Time: 5:29 pm
Synopsis: Information received from a College employee in reference to a verbal threat. Matter under investigation.
Status: Investigation

Investigation

Location: Mertz Residence Hall
Date: February 24, 2015
Time: 10:30 pm
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to the report of smoking within the residence hall. Upon arrival there was an odor of smoke within the stairwell. No one was found smoking.
Status: Closed

Suspicious Odor

Location: Martin Biological Lab
Date: February 25, 2015
Time: 2:52 pm
Synopsis: Public Safety and Maintenance responded to Martin Lab for the report of a burning odor. The area was checked with negative results. This has been an ongoing issue and Maintenance remained on scene to investigate.
Status: Inactive

Theft/Interior/Buildings

Location: Science Center
Date: February 27, 2015
Time: 8:28 am
Synopsis: Public Safety responded for the theft of a keyboard from within the Science Center. The value of the keyboard is $50. Matter under investigation.
Status: Investigation

Motor Vehicle Trespass

Location: Rogers Lane
Date: February 27, 2015
Time: 5:52 pm
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to the report of motor vehicles trespassing on college were located and the owners identified. They left campus without incident.
Status: Closed

Alcohol Possession and Consumption

Location: Hallowell Residence Hall
Date: February 28, 2015
Time: 2:42 am
Synopsis: Public Safety, Swarthmore Police and Swarthmore Ambulance responded to Hallowell Residence Hall for the report of an intoxicated Swarthmore resident student. The student was transported to the hospital. The student will be cited for underage drinking.
Status: Cleared/Arrest

Fire Alarm

Location: Mullan Fitness Center
Date: February 28, 2015
Time: 6:21 pm
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to a fire alarm within Mullan Fitness Center. Upon arrival, no smoke or fire was observed. It was determined that a child had accidentally activated one of the pull stations. Facilities was notified.
Status: Closed

Fire Alarm

Location: Willets Residence Hall
Date: February 28, 2015
Time: 9:03 pm
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to a fire alarm within Willets Residence Hall. Upon arrival, approximately 100 occupants had already evacuated the building. There was no sign of smoke or fire. It was determined that the alarm was activated due to a candle.
Status: Closed

Assist to Other Police Department

Location: Off Campus Location
Date: March 1, 2015
Time: 2:08 am
Synopsis: Public Safety, Swarthmore Police and Swarthmore Ambulance responded to the Barn on Chester Road for the report of an intoxicated student. The student was transported to the hospital. The matter has been referred to the Dean’s Office.
Status: Dean’s Referral

Public Drunkenness

Location: Parrish Hall
Date: March 1, 2015
Time: 1:02 am
Synopsis: Public Safety, Swarthmore Police and Swarthmore Ambulance responded to Parrish Hall for the report of an intoxicated student. The student was transported to the hospital. The matter has been referred to the Dean’s Office.
Status: Dean’s Referral