/

The Swatter: October 19-October 26

September, Swatter
The Swatter

Investigation of Condition(s)

Date: Monday, October 19
Time: 1:59 p.m.
Location: McCabe Library
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to the exterior of McCabe Library for an unidentified large metal luggage trunk. The trunk was identified as a prop being used by a faculty member for a scavenger hunt.
Status: Closed

Accident — Crash

Date: Monday, October 19
Time: 3:25 p.m.
Location: Off Campus
Synopsis: Public Safety received a report from a Swarthmore college employee about an accident off campus with a college owned vehicle. There were no injuries.
Status: Closed

Suspicious Odor

Date: Tuesday, October 20
Time: 12:36 p.m.
Location: Lang Music Building
Synopsis: Public Safety and Facilities responded to Lang Music Building for the report of a strong odor of smoke. It was determined that there was a mechanical malfunction that caused the odor.
Status: Closed

Medical Response

Date: Wednesday, October 21
Time: 2:14 p.m.
Location: Willets Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Willets Residence Hall for the report of an ill Swarthmore student. The student was escorted to Worth Health Center.
Status: Closed

Medical Response

Date: Wednesday, October 21
Time: 2:41 p.m.
Location: Kohlberg Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Kohlberg Hall for the report of an ill Swarthmore student. The student was evaluated and stated they would go to Worth Health Center at a later time.
Status: Closed

GARNET Notification Test

Date: Thursday, October 22
Time: 12:30 p.m.
Location: Swarthmore Campus
Synopsis: A test was conducted of the Swarthmore College GARNET Emergency Message System to the Swarthmore College campus and associated contacts.
Status: Closed

Purchase/Consumption/Possession/Transportation of Liquid Malt Brew

Date: Friday, October 23
Time: 2:25 a.m.
Location: Alice Paul Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to the Alice Paul Residence Hall for the report of an intoxicated student. The student did not need medical attention at this time. Matter referred to the Dean’s office.
Status: Dean’s Referral

Medical Response

Date: Friday, October 23
Time: 11:28 a.m.
Location: Science Center
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to the Science Center for the report of an ill Swarthmore student. The student was transported to Worth Health Center.
Status: Closed

Sexual Assault

Date: Friday, October 23
Time: 4:38 p.m.
Location: College Avenue
Synopsis: Public Safety received a report from the Title IX coordinator about a Swarthmore student who had been sexually assaulted by another Swarthmore student in a residence hall during fall semester 2015. No additional information was available. Matter is being handled by the Title IX office.
Status: Title IX — Referral

Fire Alarm

Date: Saturday, October 24
Time: 12:49 a.m.
Location: Parrish Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to a fire alarm within Parrish Hall. There was no sign of fire however there was a haze and odor of marijuana. Matter referred to the Dean’s office.
Status: Dean’s Referral

Investigation

Date: Sunday, October 25
Time: 8:46 p.m.
Location: Clothier Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety observed a vehicle at Clothier Hall with damage. Owner of the vehicle had not been identified. Matter on file for future reference.
Status: Inactive

Fondling

Date: Sunday, October 25
Time: 2:36 a.m.
Location: College Avenue
Synopsis: Public Safety received information about possible inappropriate sexual behavior from a third party caller. Matter under investigation and referred to Title IX Coordinator.
Status: Title IX — Referral

Controlled Substance — Marijuana, Sale

Date: Sunday, October 25
Time: 9:59 p.m.
Location: Pittenger Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Pittenger Residence Hall for the odor of marijuana. It was determined that the odor was coming from within a student’s room. Marijuana and paraphernalia were confiscated. Matter referred to the Dean’s office.
Status: Dean’s Referral

Matthew Chaffinch

Matthew is a junior from Delaware. He is a Contributing Editor for The Daily Gazette.