/

The Swatter: Falling Ice, Suspicious Odors, and Willets Fire Alarm (January 25-February 1)

September, Swatter
The Swatter

Swatter (January 25, 2016 – February 1, 2016)

Community Concern

Date: Monday, January 25, 2016

Time: 07:19 PM

Location: Science Center

Synopsis: Public Safety received a report from a Swarthmore staff member about the ice and snow falling from the roof of Parrish Hall. The area was cordoned off and signs were posted about the conditions. Public Safety conducted extra checks of the area throughout the night.

Status: Closed

Investigation

Date: Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Time: 08:50 AM

Location: Delta Upsilon Fraternity Drive

Synopsis: Public Safety received a report from a Swarthmore student about damaged property within Delta Upsilon Fraternity House. The matter is under investigation.

Status: Dean’s referral

Purchase/Consumption/Possession/Transportation of Liquor or Malt or Brewed Beverages

Date: Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Time: 02:18 AM

Location: Willets Residence Hall

Synopsis: Public Safety received a report of a Swarthmore student causing a disturbance in Willets Residence Hall. The student was identified and was determined to be intoxicated. Matter referred to the Dean’s Office.

Status: Dean’s referral

Suspicious Odor

Date: Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Time: 10:52 PM

Location: Worth Residence Hall

Synopsis: Public Safety responded to a report of individuals smoking marijuana within the Worth Courtyard. Several Swarthmore students were identified, but there was no sign of smoking or odor.

Status: Closed

Medical Response

Date: Thursday, January 28, 2016

Time: 10:18 AM

Location: Parrish Hall

Synopsis: Public Safety, Swarthmore Police, and Ambulance responded to the exterior of Parrish Hall for the report of a Swarthmore staff member who was ill. The individual was transported to the hospital for further medical evaluation and treatment.

Status: Closed

Investigation

Date: Thursday, January 28, 2016

Time: 11:28 PM

Location: Danawell Residence Hall

Synopsis: Public Safety responded to the Crum Woods for a report by a Swarthmore student about the sound of fireworks popping from the Crum Woods. The area was checked with negative results.

Status: Inactive

Suspicious Odor

Date: Thursday, January 28, 2016

Time: 11:37 PM

Location: Wharton Residence Hall

Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Wharton Residence Hall for the report of an odor of marijuana. After investigation, no marijuana was located.

Status: Closed

Noise Complaint

Date: Thursday, January 28, 2016

Time: 11:56 PM

Location: Wharton Residence Hall

Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Wharton Residence Hall for a noise complaint. The Swarthmore student was identified and turned down the music.

Status: Closed

Fire Alarm

Date: Friday, January 29, 2016

Time: 02:09 AM

Location: Willets Residence Hall

Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Willets Residence Hall for a fire alarm. There was no fire but smoke was visible. It was determined that the alarm was activated due to burned food.

Status: Closed

Obscene and Other Sexual Materials and Performance

Date: Friday, January 29, 2016

Time: 08:35 PM

Location: McCabe Library

Synopsis: Public Safety responded to a report from a College employee that a visitor was using a computer to view what appeared to be inappropriate material. The individual was identified and advised to refrain from this behavior. The individual complied without incident.

Status: Closed

Date: Saturday, January 30, 2016

Time: 11:32 PM

Location: Wharton Residence Hall

Synopsis: Public Safety, Swarthmore Police, and Ambulance responded to Wharton Residence Hall for the report of an ill Swarthmore student. It was determined that the student was intoxicated and transported to the hospital. The student will be cited for underage drinking.

Status: Cleared/Arrest