The Swatter: October 1 – 6

September, Swatter
The Swatter

Fire Alarm

Date: Wednesday, October 1st

Time: 11:23 a.m.

Location: Ashton House

Synopsis: Public Safety and Facilities responded to a fire alarm within the Ashton House. Upon arrival, there was no sign of smoke or fire. The reason for activation is unknown.

Status: Inactive

Emergency Message Received

Date: Wednesday, October 1st

Time: 12:07 p.m.

Location: Service Building

Synopsis: Public Safety responded to an emergency call from an office within the Service Building. Upon arrival, officers confirmed that there was no emergency in the area. The reason for the call was to request assistance with traffic control at the College’s South entrance. Swarthmore Police were notified and assisted Public Safety in directing a tractor trailer to its destination.

Status: Closed

Medical Emergency

Date: Wednesday, October 1st

Time: 1:36 p.m.

Location: Papazian Hall

Synopsis: Public Safety and Swarthmore Ambulance responded to Papazian Hall for the report of a Swarthmore resident student in need of medical assistance. The student was transported to the hospital.

Status: Closed

Safety Hazard

Date: Wednesday, October 1st

Time: 9:27 p.m.

Location: Sharples Dining Hall

Synopsis: Public Safety responded to the exterior of Sharples Dining Hall for the report of an odor of gasoline. It was determined the odor was due to a can of gasoline that was accidentally knocked over. ETC Cleaning Crew was notified.

Status: Closed

Fire Alarm

Date: Wednesday, October 1st

Time: 11:01 p.m.

Location: Parrish Hall

Synopsis: Public Safety responded to a fire alarm at WSRN within Parrish Hall. Upon arrival, smoke was present but there was no sign of fire. It was determined that an “E” cigarette activated the alarm. The area was ventilated and the alarm was reset. Information forwarded to Facilities and OSE/Student Activities.

Status: Closed

Harassment by Communication

Date: Thursday, October 2nd

Time: 1:34 p.m.

Location: Beardsley Hall

Synopsis: Public Safety responded to the report of a College employee who was receiving harassing voice mail and several emails. The matter is under investigation.

Status: Investigation

Medical Emergency

Date: Friday, October 3rd

Time: 8:11 a.m.

Location: Alice Paul Residence Hall

Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Alice Paul Residence Hall for the report for a sick Swarthmore resident student. The student was transported to Worth Health Center. Upon arrival, it was decided the student should be transported to the hospital via ambulance.

Status: Closed

Dorm Room Smoke Detector Alarm

Date: Friday, October 3rd

Time: 7:40 a.m.

Location: Wharton Residence Hall

Synopsis: Public Safety and Facilities responded to Wharton Residence Hall for the report from a Swarthmore resident student that the fire alarm in their room has been going off every 20 minutes. Upon inspection, it was determined the detector was malfunctioning and it was replaced.

Status: Closed

Emergency Notification Test

Date: Friday, October 3rd

Time: 12:00 p.m.

Location: Swarthmore College Campus

Synopsis: A test of the Swarthmore College Emergency Notification System was conducted – text message, voice, email, public address system all operational. No further action required.

Status: Closed

Intimidation

Date: Friday, October 3rd

Time: 5:23 p.m.

Location: Fieldhouse Lane

Synopsis: Public Safety received a report regarding a Sswarthmore employee who was being yelled at by an unknown individual who was operating a motor vehicle. The matter is under investigation.

Status: Investigation

Medical Response

Date: Friday, October 3rd

Time: 8:18 p.m.

Location: Fieldhouse Lane

Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Fieldhouse Lane for the report of a juvenile Borough resident in need of medical assistance. The juvenile’s parents were notified and agreed to seek medical treatment on their own.

Status: Closed

Vehicle Accident

Date: Saturday, October 4th

Time: 12:59 p.m.

Location: Sharples Dining Hall

Synopsis: Public Safety responded to the parking lot outside Sharples Dining Hall for the report of an accident involving a College-owned vehicle and a staff emmber’s vehicle. There were no injuries.

Status: Closed

Medical Emergency

Date: Saturday, October 4th

Time: 8:38 p.m.

Location: Kohlberg Hall

Synopsis: Public Safety and Springfield Ambulance responded to Kohlberg Hall for the report of a Swarthmore resident student in need of medical assistance. Upon arrival, the student was transported to the hospital.

Status: Closed

Dorm Room Smoke Detector Alarm

Date: Sunday, October 5th

Time: 12:10 p.m.

Location: Roberts Residence Hall

Synopsis: Public Safety and Facilities responded to a smoke detector alarm within Roberts Residence Hall. Upon arrival, there was no smoke or fire. The cause for activation is unknown.

Status: Inactive

Criminal Mischief

Date: Sunday, October 5th

Time: 2:20 p.m.

Location: Delta Upsilon Fraternity House

Synopsis: Public Safety received a report from a Swarthmore resident student that someone had entered the Delta Upsilon Fraternity House and thrown a bucket of cleaning items out the window.

Status: Inactive