Purchase/Consumption/Possession/Transportation of Liquor or Malt or Brewed Beverages – Swatter (April 11—April 18)

September, Swatter
The Swatter

Theft/Exterior

Date: Monday, April 11, 2016
Time: 03:06 PM
Location: Town Center West
Synopsis: Public Safety received a report of the theft of a banner from the Inn at Swarthmore. The value of the item is unknown at this time. Matter under investigation.
Status: Investigation

Investigation

Date: Tuesday, April 12, 2016
Time: 10:42 AM
Location: Off-campus location
Synopsis: Public Safety received a report from Haverford Safety and Security that several Swarthmore students had discharged a fire extinguisher within a building on the Haverford College campus. Matter has been referred to the Dean’s Office.
Status: Dean’s Referral

Fire

Date: Thursday, April 14, 2016
Time: 08:23 AM
Location: Kohlberg Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety discovered and extinguished a smoldering vase outside of Kohlberg Hall. The vase contained discarded cigarette butts.
Status: Closed

Criminal Mischief

Date: Thursday, April 14, 2016
Time: 02:02 PM
Location: Sharples Dining Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety received a report via email regarding picnic tables that had been overturned and sustained damage on the patio area of Sharples Dining Hall. The matter is under investigation.
Status: Open

Medical Response

Date: Friday, April 15, 2016
Time: 08:25 PM
Location: Lang Performing Arts Center
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Lang Performing Arts Center for the report of an injured Swarthmore student. The student declined medical treatment.
Status: Closed

Purchase/Consumption/Possession/Transportation of Liquor or Malt or Brewed Beverages

Date: Saturday, April 16, 2016
Time: 12:39 AM
Location: Clothier Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to the exterior of Clothier Hall for the report of an ill individual. The individual was identified as a Swarthmore student who was intoxicated. Matter referred to the Dean’s Office.
Status: Dean’s Referral

Medical Emergency, Public Drunkenness

Date: Saturday, April 16, 2016
Time: 12:56 AM
Location: Wharton Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety, Swarthmore Police, and Ambulance responded to Wharton Residence Hall for the report of an ill Swarthmore student. It was determined that the student was intoxicated. Matter referred to the Dean’s Office.
Status: Dean’s Referral

Investigation of Condition(s)

Date: Saturday, April 16, 2016
Time: 02:15 PM
Location: Scott Outdoor Auditorium
Synopsis: Public Safety received a report from visitors on campus concerning documents that were found at the Scott Amphitheater. Matter under investigation.
Status: Investigation

Noise Complaint

Date: Saturday, April 16, 2016
Time: 10:55 PM
Location: Wharton Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Wharton Residence Hall for the report of loud music in the courtyard. The area was checked with negative results.
Status: Dean’s Referral

Criminal Mischief

Date: Sunday, April 17, 2016
Time: 12:48 AM
Location: Sharples Dining Hall
Synopsis: While on patrol, Public Safety found picnic tables that had been overturned and sustained damage on the patio area of Sharples Dining Hall. The matter is under investigation.
Status: Investigation

Date: Sunday, April 17, 2016
Time: 01:52 AM
Location: Mary Lyon Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety, Swarthmore Police, and Ambulance responded to Mary Lyon Residence Hall for an ill Swarthmore student. It was determined that the student was intoxicated. The student was transported to the hospital and cited for underage drinking.
Status: Cleared/Arrest