/

The Swatter: March 24-31

September, Swatter
The Swatter

Safety Hazard

Date: Tuesday, March 25
Time: 9:37-10:03 a.m.
Location: Kohlberg Hall
Synopsis: During a routing building check at Kohlberg Hall, Public Safety discovered stones laying on the ground that appeared to have fallen from the wall of the building. Facilities was notified and the area was secured with barricades and caution tape.
Status: Closed

Investigation Person(s)

Date: Tuesday, March 25
Time: 11:58 a.m.-12:10 p.m.
Location: Book Store
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Clothier Hall for the report of an unknown individual in the Book Store. Upon arrival, the individual had already left the building.
Status: Closed

Medical Response

Date: Wednesday, March 26
Time: 7:22-7:35 p.m.
Location: Trotter Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Trotter Hall for a report of a male resident student in need of medical assistance and observed to be unconscious. After evaluation, the student refused medical treatment and was transported back to his residence hall.
Status: Closed

Forcible Rape

Date: Thursday, March 27
Time: n/a
Location: Mary Lyons 4
Synopsis: Report received online from the Interim Title IX Coordinator regarding a sexual assault of a known female student that occurred on campus. There was no information provided to the reporting source as to the date, time, or specifics of the assault. Matter is under investigation.
Status: Investigation

Investigation Condition(s)

Date: Friday, March 28
Time: 8:53-9:02 a.m.
Location: Dana Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Dana Residence Hall for the report of an unknown odor and a wet stain on the hallway carpet in front of one of the rooms. Upon arrival, Public Safety did not detect any odor but found a stain on the hallway carpet. No further action was necessary.
Status: Closed

Investigation

Date: Friday, March 28
Time: 9:37-10:03 a.m.
Location: Off Campus
Synopsis: Interim Title IX Coordinator notified Public Safety that a known female student reported to a Swarthmore College staff member that she had experienced unidentified trauma in her life. No specifics were given by the student. The experiences did not occur on Swarthmore’s campus.
Status: Investigation

Fire Alarm

Date: Friday, March 28
Time: 1:02 p.m.
Location: Black Cultural Center
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to a fire alarm within the Black Culutral Center. Upon arrival, Maintenance was on location. It was determined that the alarm was activated by a carpenter working int he building. There was no sign of smoke or fire.
Status: Closed

Disturbance

Date: Friday, March 28
Time: 5:50 p.m.
Location: Wharton Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to a residence hall for the report of an unwanted individual. Upon arrival, the resident student who placed the call stated that everything was fine. Public Safety did not observe any indication that further assistance was necessary.
Status: Investigation

Forcible Fondling

Date: Friday, March 28
Time: 9:21 p.m.
Location: Swarthmore College Campus
Synopsis: Public Safety was notified of an incident of forcible fondling that occurred in the fall or 2011 in a residence hall on the Swarthmore Campus by a known male resident student. This incident was reported via the Clery reporting form. The matter is under investigation.
Status: Investigation

Investigation Person(s)

Date: Friday, March 28
Time:8:41 p.m.
Location: McCabe Library
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to the McCabe Library for the report of a non Swarthmore student int he library. The individual was located and left the library without incident.
Status: Closed

Dating Violence

Date: Sunday, March 30
Time:2:46 a.m.
Location: Hallowel Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety was notified on March 30, 2014 of an incident of dating violence by way of the online reporting form that occurred in a residence hall on the Swarthmore campus. The matter is under investigation.
Status: Investigation

Assist to Other Police Department

Date: Sunday, March 30
Time: 6:45 p.m.
Location: Swarthmore College Campus
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to 101S. Chester Road for the report of a loud noise in the area. Upon arrival, a broken PECO wire was discovered on Harvard Avenue. Swarthmore Police was notified and Public Safety secured the area. After Swarthmore politcize arrived, it was determined that Strath Haven Condominiums lost power briefly. Facilities was notified.
Status: Closed