The Big Chair Returns

An explanation.

1. Wow. Just when you think the Daily Gazette can't go any lower, they rick roll you.

Comment if you agree that this was really lame.

2. I don't know, maybe I'm coming out of left field here, but I think it's pretty endearing and don't get the complaint. But then, what else can we expect from self-righteous Swatties?

3. Yes, the big chair is back, just in another reincarnation. This one was designed to last longer- it looks just about the same, but is a bit stronger and made from different materials, I believe.

4. Well, I thought it was funny. Good job, DG 🙂 At least someone has a sense of humor.

5. Rickrolling wasn't ever funny. It is basically a shitty form of goatseing…

Besides, it is a legitimately good song and I would do anything for Rick Astley's voice

6. The big chair actually DID return, and I know that people got photos of it, so why not post them?

Seriously, what is the point of this?

7. And this one's an INTELLECTUAL rickroll. It comes with a wikipedia link for research purposes!

8. Not gonna lie, I still think it's funny. I think linking to the explanation undermines the random humor of it; let people who live under rocks be confused.

9. not silly in the least at this point. now completely overdone, banal, dead horse beating, etc.

what's next, lolcats? how unoriginal can you be?

10. i'm sorry, it's not not funny because it's an old meme, it's funny because it's so old that it's funny again. it no longer feels overdone.

11. If the DG really wanted to push the envelope, they would have posted this under the armed intruder headline. Now THAT would have been tastelessness in the name of humor.

12. Commentors 1,2,7, and 8.
    you people suck. way to give fulfill the swattie sterotype. take a joke. laugh. you people are the reason why i can never say i love the people here.
    maybe you're all just mad that you didn't get what you thought you were promised you were gonna get, that there is some injustice in posting a link to something that actually turns out not to be what it read. stop crying all the time and laugh for once.

13. hm, well i guess i broke the discussion rules, but sorry, i got a little carried away.
    i also made a typo, i meant to say "way to fulfill the swattie stereotype".

14. Rickrolling has the right idea– the element of surprise, the facepalming afterward. I think it just may need an update with a fresh song or something.

My candidate for successor is this song, Minivan Highway from Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!