The Big Chair Returns

Editor’s note: This article was initially published in The Daily Gazette, Swarthmore’s online, daily newspaper founded in Fall 1996. As of Fall 2018, the DG has merged with The Phoenix. See the about page to read more about the DG.

An explanation.

0 comments

1. 0
    swatties are so predictable says:

hm, well i guess i broke the discussion rules, but sorry, i got a little carried away.
    i also made a typo, i meant to say "way to fulfill the swattie stereotype".

2. 0
    swatties are so predictable says:

Commentors 1,2,7, and 8.
    you people suck. way to give fulfill the swattie sterotype. take a joke. laugh. you people are the reason why i can never say i love the people here.
    maybe you're all just mad that you didn't get what you thought you were promised you were gonna get, that there is some injustice in posting a link to something that actually turns out not to be what it read. stop crying all the time and laugh for once.

3. 0
    j says:

If the DG really wanted to push the envelope, they would have posted this under the armed intruder headline. Now THAT would have been tastelessness in the name of humor.

4. 0
    j says:

i'm sorry, it's not not funny because it's an old meme, it's funny because it's so old that it's funny again. it no longer feels overdone.

5. 0
    sadmemeissad says:

not silly in the least at this point. now completely overdone, banal, dead horse beating, etc.

what's next, lolcats? how unoriginal can you be?

6. 0
    still funny says:

Not gonna lie, I still think it's funny. I think linking to the explanation undermines the random humor of it; let people who live under rocks be confused.

7. 0
    are you kidding me says:

The big chair actually DID return, and I know that people got photos of it, so why not post them?

Seriously, what is the point of this?

8. 0
    Dr House says:

Rickrolling wasn't ever funny. It is basically a shitty form of goatseing…

Besides, it is a legitimately good song and I would do anything for Rick Astley's voice

9. 0
    anne says:

Yes, the big chair is back, just in another reincarnation. This one was designed to last longer- it looks just about the same, but is a bit stronger and made from different materials, I believe.

10. 0
    D says:

I don't know, maybe I'm coming out of left field here, but I think it's pretty endearing and don't get the complaint. But then, what else can we expect from self-righteous Swatties?

11. 0
    wow. says:

Wow. Just when you think the Daily Gazette can't go any lower, they rick roll you.

Comment if you agree that this was really lame.