The Swatter: January 19-26

September, Swatter
The Swatter

Vehicle Accident

Date: January 19, 2015
Time: 9:15 am
Location: Bond Parking Lot
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Bond Lot for the report of a minor vehicle accident involving one vehicle striking a parked vehicle.
Status: Closed

Fire Alarm

Date: January 19, 2015
Time: 11:50 am
Location: Worth Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety and Facility responded to a fire alarm within Worth Residence Hall. Upon arrival, there was no sign of smoke or fire. The cause for the alarm was undetermined.
Status: Inactive

Vandalism

Date: January 19, 2015
Time: 4:38 pm
Location: Magill Walk
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to the Bamboo Grove near Magill Walk for the report of juveniles tearing down bamboo. Upon arrival, the area was checked with negative results. The matter is under investigation.
Status: Open

Burglary/Unlawful Entry No Force

Date: January 20, 205
Time: 3:30 pm
Location: Hallowell Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Hallowell Residence Hall for the report from a Swarthmore resident student about the theft of a camera from their room. The value of the camera is $520. Matter is under investigation.
Status: Investigation

Burglary/Unlawful Entry No Force

Date: January 20, 2015
Time: 4:15 pm
Location: Kohlberg Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Kohlberg Hall for the report from a faculty member about the theft of headphones from his office. The value of the headphones is $300. The matter is under investigation.
Status: Investigation

Investigation Person

Date: January 21, 2015
Time: 2:27 pm
Location: Science Center
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to the Science Center for the report of an individual attempting to sell candy. Officers spoke to the individual and he was identified. He was asked to leave the campus and he complied with the request.
Status: Investigation

Investigation Person

Date: January 21, 2015
Time: 2:48 pm
Location: Hallowell Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety was notified by a Swarthmore resident student that an individual, meeting the description of the male referenced in the Hallowell Burglary incident on January 20th, was seen near the construction area at Hallowell Residence Hall. The subject was located and identified as a person authorized to be on campus. This individual was not on campus at the time of the earlier incident.
Status: Closed

Medical Emergency

Date: January 23, 2015
Time: 12:18 am
Location: Phi Psi Fraternity House
Synopsis: Public Safety, Swarthmore Police and Springfield Ambulance responded to Phi Psi Fraternity House for the report of an intoxicated Swarthmore resident student who was subsequently transported to the hospital. The student will be cited for underage drinking.
Status: Cleared/Arrest

Harassment

Date: January 23, 2015
Time: 11:53 am
Location: Lamb Miller Field House
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to the Mullan Center for the report of an employee being harassed by a visitor. The information will remain on file for future reference.
Status: Inactive

Indecent Assault

Date: January 23, 2015
Time: 12:57 pm
Location: Residence Hall on Campus
Synopsis: Public Safety received an anonymous report via email about a forcible fondling by a Swarthmore student that occurred in the fall of 2011. The matter is under investigation.
Status: Inactive

Investigation

Date: January 23, 2015
Time: 1:58 pm
Location: Swarthmore College Campus
Synopsis: Public Safety received a report of a concerning social media posting. This matter is under investigation.
Status: Open

Investigation

Date: January 23,2015
Time: 10:22 pm
Location: Benjamin West House
Synopsis: Public Safety received a report from a Swarthmore student regarding a concerning social media post. This matter is under investigation.
Status: Open

Medical Emergency

Date: January 24, 2015
Time: 2:05 am
Location: Willets Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety and Swarthmore Ambulance responded to Willets Residence Hall for the report of a student in need of medical assistance. The student declined medical attention. Health Center staff notified.
Status: Dean’s Referral

Medical Attention

Date: January 24, 2015
Time: 12:51 am
Location: Wharton Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Wharton REsidence Hall for the report of a Swarthmore student in need of medical attention. Upon arrival, the student was intoxicated. The student did not require medical attention. This matter has been referred to the Dean’s Office.
Status: Dean’s Referral

Fire Alarm

Date: January 24, 2015
Time: 11:28 am
Location: Worth Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to a fire alarm within Worth Residence Hall. Upon arrival, no smoke or fire was observed. It was determined that the alarm was activated due to steam from an iron. Facilities was notified.
Status: Closed

Investigation Person

Date: January 24, 2015
Time: 9:56 pm
Location: Scott Outdoor Auditorium
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to the amphitheater for the report of an unknown individual. Upon arrival, the area was checked with negative results. The information will remain on file for future reference.
Status: Inactive

Medical Emergency

Date: January 25, 2015
Time: 1:45 am
Location: Worth Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety, Springfield Ambulance and Swarthmore Police responded to Worth Residence Hall for the report of an intoxicated student. The student was transported to the hospital and cited for underage drinking.
Status: Cleared/Arrest

Noise Complaint

Date: January 25, 2015
Time: 2:08 am
Location: Wharton Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Wharton courtyard for the report of a group of students being loud. Upon arrival, the students were advised to quiet down.
Status: Closed

Theft

Date: January 25, 2015
Time: 7:00 pm
Location: Outdoor Area/Fraternity HousesSynopsis: Public Safety obtained a wallet that was found in the fraternity area. The owner of the wallet was notified and discovered that $100 cash had been stolen. The matter is under investigation.
Status: Inactive