The Swatter: October 20-26

September, Swatter
The Swatter

Vehicle Accident

Date: Monday October 20

Time: 9:50pm

Location: Barn

Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Fieldhouse Lot for the report of an accident involving a College vehicle. No injuries were reported.

Status: Closed

Investigation

Date: Monday October 20

Time: 2:18pm

Location: Science Center

Synopsis: Public Safety responded to the Science Center for the report of damaged equipment. The matter is under investigation.

Status: Open

Theft/Bicycles

Date: Tuesday October 21

Time: 1:20pm

Location: Science Center

Synopsis: Public Safety received a report from a Swarthmore resident student regarding the theft of a bicycle from the Science Center. The value of the bicycle is $450. The matter is under investigation.

Status: Open

Fire Alarm

Date: Tuesday October 21

Time: 6:22pm

Location: Worth Residence Hall

Synopsis: Public Safety responded to a fire alarm within Worth Residence Hall. Upon arrival, there was no sign of smoke or fire. All occupants had evacuated the building. It was determined that the alarm was activated due to steam from a shower.

Status: Closed

Investigation Person(s)

Date: Tuesday October 21

Time: 11:06pm

Location: Dana Residence Hall

Synopsis: Public Safety responded to the exterior of Dana Residence Hall for the report of two unknown individuals in the construction zone. Upon arrival, the area was checked with negative results.

Status: Inactive

Fire Alarm

Date: Wednesday October 22

Time: 5:03am

Location: Kohlberg Hall

Synopsis: Public Safety responded to a fire alarm within Kohlberg Hall. Upon arrival, there was no sign of smoke or fire. The reason for activation is unknown. Facilities was notified.

Status: Inactive

Vehicle Accident

Date: Wednesday October 22

Time: 9:55am

Location: Bond Visitors/Fac. Staff Lot

Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Bond Lot for the report of a Swarthmore employee striking a parked vehicle in Bond Lot. There were no injuries.

Status: Inactive

Investigation Person(s)

Date: Wednesday October 22

Time: 1:47pm

Location: Science Center

Synopsis: Public Safety responded to the Science Center for the report of an unknown individual within the building. The area was searched with negative results. Information will be on file for future reference.

Status: Investigation

Theft/Interior/Buildings

Date: Wednesday October 22

Time: 4:06pm

Location: Science Center

Synopsis: Public Safety responded to the Science Center for the theft of a Swarthmore student’s laptop computer. The value of the laptop is $800. The matter is under investigation.

Status: Investigation

Investigation

Date: Thursday October 23

Time: 5:54pm

Location: Sharples Dining Hall

Synopsis: Public Safety received a report from the parent of a Swarthmore resident student regarding a theft of an iPhone. The individual in possession of the iPhone contacted the owner and requested money in exchange for returning the iPhone. This matter was referred to law enforcement and the matter was resolved with the return of the phone.

Status: Closed

Public Drunkenness

Date: Friday October 24

Time: 1:32am

Location: Phi Psi Fraternity House

Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Phi Psi for the report of an intoxicated Swarthmore resident student who was subsequently transported to the hospital.

Status: Dean’s Referral

Investigation Person(s)

Date: Friday October 24

Time: 2:42am

Location: Parrish West Circle

Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Hallowell Residence Hall to take a report from a Swarthmore resident student regarding an unknown individual who may have been following her. The area was checked with negative results. Information on file for future reference.

Status: Inactive

Investigation

Date: Friday October 24

Time: 8:01am

Location: Beardsley Hall

Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Beardsley Hall for the report of an alarm activation by a contractor. Upon arrival, it was determined that an alarm had not been activated.

Status: Closed

Fire Alarm

Date: Saturday October 25

Time: 3:12pm

Location: Black Cultural Center

Synopsis: Public Safety responded to a fire alarm within the Black Cultural Center. Upon arrival, there was smoke but no fire. It was determined that cooking had activated the alarm.

Status: Closed

Investigation Condition(s)

Date: Sunday October 26

Time: 10:19am

Location: Science Center

Synopsis: Public Safety and Swarthmore faculty responded to the Science Center for the report of an alarm sounding in a classroom. Upon arrival, it was determined that a meter was malfunctioning.

Status: Closed

Investigation

Date: Sunday October 26

Time: 3:21pm

Location: Palmer Residence Hall

Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Palmer Residence Hall for the report of a disturbance. Investigation determined that the individual was known to a Swarthmore resident student. The matter was resolved without incident.

Status: Inactive