/

Swatter: February 24 – March 3

September, Swatter
The Swatter

Fire Alarm

Date: Monday, February 24
Time: 10:30 p.m.
Location: Wharton Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to a fire alarm within Wharton Residence hall. The building had evacuated. The area was checked and there was no sign of smoke of fire. I twas determined that the alarm was activated due to burnt popcorn.
Status: Cleared

Forcible Fondling

Date: Tuesday, February 25
Time: 5:13 p.m.
Location: Swarthmore College Campus
Synopsis: Public Safety received an online Clery report of Forcible Fondling that occurred on campus at an unknown date and time by a known male student. Matter under investigation.
Status: Investigation

Vehicle Accident

Date: Wednesday, January 29
Time: 3:28 p.m.
Location: Parrish West Circle
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to the report of a college maintenance vehicle striking a dumpster near Parrish Hall. No injuries reported and this information will remain on file for future reference.
Status: Cleared

Medical Response

Date: Thursday, February 27
Time: 6:53 a.m.
Location: Clothier Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Clothier Hall to take the report from a Swarthmore staff member about an injury sustained on February 26, 2014.
Status: Cleared

Medical Response

Date: Thursday, February 27
Time: 8:44 p.m.
Location: Clothier hall
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Clothier Hall for the report of a Sick Swarthmore resident student. Upon arrival, the student began to feel better and was escorted to his room by a fellow student.
Status: Cleared

Investigation Condition(s)

Date: Friday, February 28
Time: 7:35 a.m.
Location: Science Center
Synopsis: Public Safety received information pertaining to suspicious activity at the Science Center. The matter is under investigation.
Status: Investigation

Harassment by Communication

Date: Friday, February 28
Time: 12:25 p.m.
Location: Swarthmore College Campus
Synopsis: A female student reports being harassed both by email and written letter by a non Swarthmore student who also lives out of state. The matter is under investigation.
Status: Investigation

Suspicious Odor

Date: Friday, February 28
Time: 10:30 p.m.
Location: Pittenger Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Pittenger Residence Hall for the report of an odor of an illegal substance. The area was checked and there was a strong odor but the source could not be found.
Status: Open.

Suspicious Odor

Date: Friday, February 28
Time: 11:21 p.m.
Location: Roberts Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Roberts Residence Hall for the report of an odor of an illegal substance. The area was checked, there was a strong odor but the source could not be found.
Status: Open

Suspicious Odor

Date: Saturday, March 1
Time: 5:30 p.m.
Location: Roberts Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Roberts Residence Hall for the odor of gasoline or paint thinner. Public Safety investigated the odor and found that there had been recent work done within the Hall.
Status: Cleared

Investigation

Date: Saturday, March 1
Time: 8:17 p.m.
Location: Dana Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Dana Residence Hall for the report of a smoke detector being covered. Upon arrival to the room, the detector was covered and there was an illegal substance in plain view. The items were confiscated and placed in the evidence closet. Matter being referred to the Dean’s Office.
Status: Dean’s Referral

Investigation Person(s)

Date: Saturday, March 1
Time: 10:52 p.m.
Location: Sproul Observatory
Synopsis: While on patrol, Public Safety stopped a non-Swarthmore individual behind Sproul Observatory. Subject was identified and left campus without incident.
Status: Cleared

Intoxication

Date: Sunday, March 2
Time: 1:18 a.m.
Location: SEPTA Train Station
Synopsis: Public Safety, Swarthmore Police and Ambulance responded to the Septa Train Lot for the report of an intoxicated non-Swarthmore student. The individual was cited for public drunkenness.
Status: Cleared/Arrest

Intoxication

Date: Sunday, 01:13 a.m.
Time: 1:13 a.m.
Location: Alice paul Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Alice Paul Residence Hall for the report of an intoxicated Swarthmore resident student. An RA will be staying with the student for the night to monitor the situation.
Status: Dean’s Referral

Intoxication

Date: Saturday, March 1
Time: 11:17 p.m.
Location: Bond Visitors/Fac. Staff Lot
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Bond Visitors Lot for the report of a sick unidentified individual. Upon arrival, the individual was identified as a guest of a Swarthmore resident student and the individual will be staying on campus. The individual refused medical attention and the Swarthmore student agreed to monitor the situation.
Status: Dean’s Referral

Theft/Interior/Buildings

Date: Sunday, March 2
Time: 7:25 p.m.
Location: Delta Upsilon Fraternity House
Synopsis: Public Safety received a report from a resident student stating her phone was missing from her pocket when she was within Delta Upsilon Fraternity House. The value is $500. The matter is under investigation.
Status: Investigation

Theft/Interior/Buildings

Date: Sunday, March 2
Time: 7:42 p.m.
Location: McCabe Library
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to McCabe Library for the report of a theft of a non Swarthmore student’s purse. The value of the purse is $20. The matter is under investigation.
Status: Investigation 

Eduard Saakashvili

Eduard is a film and media studies major from Tbilisi, Georgia. He abandoned The Daily Gazette during sophomore year to focus on his career in club fencing. Big mistake.