/

Swatter: January 27 – February 3

September, Swatter
The Swatter

Theft/Interior/Buildings

Date: Wednesday, January 29
Time: 10:11 a.m.
Location: Lang Music Building
Synopsis: Public Safety received a report from a visitor to campus reporting that his jacket went missing from an event in Lang Music Building. The value of the jacket is $50. The matter is under investigation
Status: Investigation

Controlled Substance, Marijuana Possession

Date: Wednesday, January 29
Time: 2:59 p.m.
Location: Willets Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety officers, along with a representative of the Deans Office, responded to the room of a resident student based on information received pertaining to illegal drug use. Investigation revealed that there was illegal drugs present in the room. All items were confiscated. Swarthmore Police Department was notified and this matter is under investigation.
Status: Dean’s Referral

Vehicle Accident

Date: Wednesday, January 29
Time: 3:28 p.m.
Location: Parrish West Circle
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to the report of a college maintenance vehicle striking a dumpster near Parrish Hall. No injuries reported and this information will remain on file for future reference.
Status: Cleared

Investigation

Date: Thursday, January 30
Time: 11:24 p.m.
Location: Willets Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety received a bag of unknown substance that was found on the pathway of Willets Residence Hall.
Status: Closed

Burglary/Unlawful Entry, no Force

Date: Friday, January 31
Time: 8:17 a.m.
Location: Hallowell Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety received a report from a Swarthmore resident student within Hallowell Residence Hall regarding the theft of his headphones from their room. The value of the headphones is $50. The matter is under investigation.
Status: Investigation

Investigation Person(s)

Date: Friday, January 31
Time: 2:17 p.m.
Location: Willets Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety received a report from a Swarthmore student about an unidentified individual within Willets Residence Hall. Public Safety responded and identified the individual as an authorized college contractor.
Status: Cleared

Fire Alarm

Date: Friday, January 31
Time: 5:35 p.m.
Location: Bond Lodges – Residential
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to a fire alarm within Bond Lodges Residence. It was determined the alarm was activated due to smoke from cooking. There was no sign of fire and smoke was cleared.
Status: Cleared

Investigation Person(s)

Date: Saturday, February 1
Time: 4:56 p.m.
Location: Crum Meadow
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to a report from a resident of Crum Ledge in reference to suspicious activity in the Crum woods. Public Safety identified a non-Swarthmore individual who was filming within the Crum. The individual was informed that they must have permission to film on campus and provided the appropriate point of contact. They left the area without incident.
Status: Cleared

Investigation Person(s)

Date: Saturday, February 1
Time: 11:38 p.m.
Location: Delta Upsilon Fraternity House
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Delta Upsilon Fraternity House fro the report from a Swat Team supervisor about an individual who entered the party without identification. The non-Swarthmore individual was identified and left without incident.
Status: Cleared

Investigation Vehicle(s)

Date: Sunday, February 2
Time: 9:22 p.m.
Location: Cunningham Parking Lot
Synopsis: While on patrol, Public Safety investigated an occupied vehicle within Cunningham parking lot. The occupants were identified as a Swarthmore resident student and guest.
Status: Cleared

Eduard Saakashvili

Eduard is a film and media studies major from Tbilisi, Georgia. He abandoned The Daily Gazette during sophomore year to focus on his career in club fencing. Big mistake.