/

The Swatter: January 20-26

September, Swatter
The Swatter

Theft/Interior/Buildings

Date: Monday, January 20
Time: 2:00 pm
Location: McCabe Library
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to the report from a staff member about the theft of money from a desk drawer at McCabe Library. The value is $75. The matter is under investigation.
Status: Investigation

Panic Button Alert

Date: Tuesday, January 21
Time: 3:18 am-3:23 am
Location: McCabe Library
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to a panic alarm from within McCabe Library. Upon arrival it was determined that it was an accidental activation.
Status: Cleared

Medical Emergency

Date: Tuesday, January 21
Time: 7:00 am -7:48 am
Location: Clothier Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety, Swarthmore Police and Ambulance responded to the snack bar within Clothier Hall for the report of an individual in need of medical assistance. The individual was transported to the hospital. No further action required at this time.
Status: Cleared

Medical Response

Date: Tuesday, January 21
Time: 12:21 pm-12:56 pm
Location: Sharples Dining Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to the exterior of Sharples Dining Hall for the report of a staff member who slipped and was injured. Public Safety escorted the staff member to the Lamb Miller Fieldhouse.
Status: Cleared

Medical Response

Date: Tuesday, January 21
Time: 12:15 pm-12:56 pm
Location: Service Building
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to the Facilities Service Building for an employee injury sustained during a vehicle accident on Sharples Drive.
Status: Cleared

Vehicle Accident

Date: Tuesday, January 21
Time: 12:00 pm-12:50 pm
Location: Sharples Drive near Dana
Synopsis: Public Safety received a report that a maintenance vehicle collided and scraped the guardrail on Sharples Drive by Danawell driveway. Vehicle is parked in Dana Drive until road conditions are safe to move the vehicle.
Status: Cleared

Medical Response

Date: Tuesday, January 21
Time: 3:10 pm-3:30 pm
Location: Parrish East Circle
Synopsis: Public Safety and Facilities responded to Parrish East Circle for a Swarthmore Resident Student who was injured. Public Safety escorted the student to Worth Health Center.
Status: Cleared

Medical Response

Date: Tuesday, January 21
Time: 6:54 pm-7:59 pm
Location: Willets Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Willets Residence Hall for a Swarthmore Residence Student in need of medical assistance.
Status: Cleared

Vehicle Accident

Date: Wednesday, January 22
Time: 9:40 am-9:50 am
Location: LPAC
Synopsis: Public Safety received a report from a Swarthmore staff member that a vehicle struck her unoccupied car while parked on Sharples Lane. The matter is under investigation.
Status: Investigation

Fire Alarm

Date: Wednesday, January 21
Time: 5:40 pm
Location: Black Cultural Center
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to a Swarthmore student reporting a fire alarm within the BCC. Upon arrival it was determined that the alarm was activated due to cooking; there was no sign of fire.
Status: Cleared

Investigation

Date: Thursday, January 23
Time: 9:27 pm-9:54 pm
Location: Clothier Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to the report from a Swarthmore resident student that someone was smoking inside of Paces. The area was checked with negative results.
Status: Cleared

Theft from Motor Vehicle

Date: Friday, January 24
Time: 9:14 am
Location: Cunningham Parking Lot
Synopsis: Public Safety and Swarthmore Police responded to the report from a Swarthmore resident student that her car in Cunningham parking lot had been vandalized and broken into. The student reported that cash, a make up bag, and miscellaneous items and the car registration were stolen. The value of the items is $50.
Status: Investigation

Theft from Motor Vehicle

Date: Friday, January 24
Time: 9:51 am
Location: Cunningham Parking Lot
Synopsis: A Swarthmore resident student was identified as the owner of one of the vehicles that had been vandalized and broken into within the Cunningham parking lot and the student was notified. The student reported that money was stolen. The value is $3.
Status: Investigation

Theft from Motor Vehicle

Date: Friday, January 24
Time: 9:54 am
Location: Cunningham Parking Lot
Synopsis: A Swarthmore resident student was identified as the owner of one of the vehicles that had been vandalized and broken into within the Cunningham parking lot and the student was notified. The student reported that nothing was missing at this time.
Status: Investigation

Theft from Motor Vehicle

Date: Friday, January 24
Time: 9:54 am
Location: Cunningham Parking Lot
Synopsis: A Swarthmore resident student was identified as the owner of one of the vehicles that had been vandalized and broken into within the Cunningham parking lot and the student was notified. The student reported that a GPS was stolen. The value is $120.
Status: Investigation

Theft from Motor Vehicle

Date: Friday, January 24
Time: 10:32 am
Location: Cunningham Parking Lot
Synopsis: A Swarthmore resident student was identified as the owner of one of the vehicles that had been vandalized and broken into within the Cunningham parking lot and the student was notified. The student reported that a GPS was stolen. The value is $150.
Status: Investigation

Theft from Motor Vehicle

Date: Friday, January 24
Time: 2:37 pm
Location: Cunningham Parking Lot
Synopsis: A Swarthmore resident student reported to Public Safety that their vehicle was vandalized and broken into while parked in the Cunningham parking lot. At this time, there is nothing to report stolen.
Status: Investigation

Theft from Motor Vehicle

Date: Friday, January 24
Time: 3:38 pm
Location: Cunningham Parking Lot
Synopsis: A Swarthmore resident student reported to Public Safety that their vehicle was vandalized and broken into while parked in the Cunningham parking lot. An EZ Pass transponder was stolen and the value is $40. The matter is under investigation.
Status: Investigation

Vehicle Accident

Date: Saturday, January 25
Time: 11:33 am-11:52 am
Location: Cunningham Field Fence along Chester Road
Synopsis: Public Safety and Swarthmore Police responded to a vehicle accident on Chester Road at the fence across from Alice Paul Dormitory.
Status: Cleared

Purchase, Consumption, Possession, Transportation of Liquid Malt Brew

Date: Sunday, January 26
Time: 1:58 am-2:41 am
Location: Willets Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety, Swarthmore Police and Ambulance responded to Willets Residence Hall for the report of an intoxicated Swarthmore resident student. The student was transported to the hospital and cited for underage drinking.
Status: Cleared/Arrest

Assist to Other Police Department

Date: Sunday, January 26
Time: 4:09 am-4:43 am
Location: Swarthmore Police Dept.
Synopsis: Swarthmore Police reported that a resident student was arrested for public intoxication and criminal mischief. Dean On Call and Director of Public Safety notified. This information has been forwarded to the appropriate offices.
Status: Cleared/Arrest

Fire Alarm

Date: Sunday, January 26
Time: 8:52 am-8:57 am
Location: David Kemp Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to a fire alarm within David Kemp. Upon arrival, it was determined that the alarm was activated due to smoke from cooking. There was no fire observed, just light smoke. The alarm was reset.
Status: Cleared

Con. Sub. Other Poss. and Fire Hazaard

Date: Sunday, January 26
Time: 4:14 pm
Location: Willets Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety received a report from a resident student in reference to an odor of marijuana within Willets Residence Hall. Public Safety responded and identified two resident students. This matter has been referred to the Dean’s Office.
Status: Dean’s Referral

Theft/Interior Buildings

Date: Sunday, January 26
Time: 7:11 p.m.
Location: LPAC
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to the report of a theft of boots from within LPAC. The value of the boots is $50. The matter is under investigation.
Status: Investigation

Sexual Assault

Date: Sunday, January 26
Time: 10:21 pm
Location: Benjamin West House
Synopsis: Public Safety received a report that a non-Swarthmore student attended a party on campus and was sexually assaulted in the area of the fraternity houses. The incident took place between the night of 1/25/14 and the early morning of 1/26/14. The perpetrator is not believed to be a Swarthmore College student. This matter is under investigation by the Swarthmore Police Department and Swarthmore College Department of Public Safety.
Status: Investigation