Swatter: January 6-13

September, Swatter
The Swatter

Fire Alarm

Date: Tuesday, January 7
Time: 10:15 a.m.
Location: Kohlberg Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety and Facilities responded to a fire alarm within Kohlberg Hall. Upon arrival it was determined that the alarm was activated due to a dirty smoke detector.
Status: Cleared

Suspicious Odor

Date: Tuesday, January 7
Time: 9:37 a.m.
Location: Palmer Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety and Facilities responded to the report of an odor of gas at Palmer Residence Hall. Upon arrival, it was determined that the odor was coming from the basement of Palmer where dryer vents are being changed. Maintenance is working on the issue.
Status: Cleared

Fire Alarm

Date: Wednesday, January 8
Time: 10:32 a.m.
Location: Pearson Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety and Facilities responded to a fire alarm within Pearson Hall mechanical room. It was determined that refilling the Trotter sprinkler system may have activated the alarm.
Status: Cleared

Investigation Vehicle(s)

Date: Wednesday, January 8
Time: 10:46 p.m.
Location: Mullan Fitness Center
Synopsis: Public Safety reports an occupied vehicle behind the Mullan Center. The occupants were identified as non-students and left campus without incident.
Status: Cleared

Theft/Interior/Buildings

Date: Thursday, January 9
Time: 11:32 a.m.
Location: McCabe Library
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to the McCabe Library for a report from a staff member that cash is missing from the drawer in her desk. The funds went missing between noon on Monday 1/06/2014 and 11:30 a.m. on Thursday 1/09/2014. The value is $300. The matter is under investigation.
Status: Investigation

Vehicle Accident

Date: Friday, January 10
Time: 8:29 a.m.
Location: Parrish West Circle
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to the Service Building for the report of a college owned vehicle involved in an accident with a contractor’s vehicle at Parrish West Circle. There were no injuries and a report was filed.
Status: Cleared

Investigation

Date: Friday, January 10
Time: 2:27 p.m.
Location: Trotter Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Trotter Hall for the report of a peculiar letter that was sent to a staff member. The matter is under investigation.
Status: Investigation

Medical Emergency

Date: Saturday, January 11
Time: 9:25 p.m.
Location: Lang Performing Arts Center
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Lang Performing Arts Center for the report of a sick person. Upon arrival, the individual indicated that she was fine and refused medical assistance.
Status: Cleared