/

The Swatter: November 11-18

September, Swatter
The Swatter

Sexual Assault

Date: Monday, November 11
Time: 9:07 p.m.
Location: Alice Paul Residence Hall
Synopsis: A female resident student reported to Dean Braun that she had been sexually assaulted in a Residence Hall by a known male student during the Fall 2013 semester. The date, time, and Respondent’s identity are unknown at this time.
Status: Investigation

Investigation

Date: Tuesday, November 12
Time: 4:30-4:55 p.m.
Location: Swarthmore College Campus
Synopsis: Public Safety received a report of a male resident student placing an unauthorized location for rent on a media site. The student was contacted and the posting was removed. Matter referred to the Dean’s Office.
Status: Dean’s Referral

Investigation

Date: Wednesday, November 13
Time: 2:10 a.m.
Location: Cunningham Parking Lot
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Cunningham Parking Lot for the report of an unknown individual sitting in the lot. Upon arrival, the individual was identified as a Swarthmore female resident student.
Status: Closed

Medical Emergency

Date: Wednesday, November 13
Time: 12:01-12:32 p.m.
Location: Parrish Hall
Synopsis: A male resident student was transported to the hospital by ambulance.
Status: Closed

Criminal Mischief

Date: Wednesday, November 13
Time: 4:22-4:35 p.m.
Location: Bond Lodges
Synopsis: Public Safety received a report from Swarthmore female resident students about questionable markings on a pole near the Bond Lodges. Markings are in the form of three red triangles. Matter is under investigation.
Status: Investigation

Fire Exit Drill

Date: Thursday, November 14
Time: 8:54-9:00 a.m.
Location: McCabe Library
Synopsis: In accordance with the regulations of the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry, a fire drill was conducted within McCabe Library by Public Safety. No deficiencies were noted.
Status: Closed

Fire Exit Drill

Date: Thursday, November 14
Time: 9:34-9:45 a.m.
Location: Kohlberg Hall
Synopsis: In accordance with the regulations of the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry, a fire drill was conducted within Kohlberg Hall by Public Safety.
Status: Closed

Fire Exit Drill

Date: Thursday, November 14
Time: 9:49-9:57 a.m.
Location: Lang Music Building
Synopsis: In accordance with the regulations of the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry, a fire drill was conducted within Lang Music Building by Public Safety.
Status: Closed

Investigation

Date: Thursday, November 14
Time: 10:07-10:15 a.m.
Location: Swarthmore College Campus via Twitter
Synopsis: Public Safety received information from Swarthmore Information Services of a post on Twitter regarding Swarthmore College. Matter under investigation.
Status: Investigation

Fire Exit Drill

Date: Thursday, November 14
Time: 11:03-11:11 a.m.
Location: Trotter Hall
Synopsis: In accordance with the regulations of the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry, a fire drill was conducted within Trotter Hall by Public Safety.
Status: Closed

Suspicious Odor

Date: Thursday, November 14
Time: 11:33-12:06 p.m.
Location: McCabe Library
Synopsis: Public Safety and Facilities responded to the report of a suspicious odor at McCabe Library basement area. Upon arrival it was determined that the report was unfounded.
Status: Closed

Sexual Assault

Date: Thursday, November 14 (reported)
Location: Trotter Hall
Synopsis: An anonymous report of a sexual assault was received via the online Clery Crime Reporting website. The offense is reported to have occurred during the time frame of Spring 2013 in a Residence Hall. The exact date, time, location, nature of offense, victim and respondent’s identity are unknown at this time. The matter is under investigation.
Status: Investigation

Community Concern

Date: Thursday, November 14
Time: 7:11-7:37 p.m.
Location: Parrish Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Parrish Hall for a male resident student locked out of residence. There is a concern that the student is leaving the residence open and not locking the door.
Status: Dean’s Referral

Investigation

Date: Friday, November 15
Time: 2:23-2:54 a.m.
Location: McCabe Library
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to McCabe Library for the report of an unidentified individual. Due to the library closing, a staff member requested additional interior patrol. The area was checked with negative results.
Status: Investigation

Theft/Interior/Buildings

Date: Friday, November 15
Time: 12:53 p.m.
Location: Beardsley Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety received the report from a staff member about the theft of equipment within Beardsley Hall. The value of equipment is $275.
Status: Investigation

Fire Exit Drill

Date: Friday, November 15
Time: 9:13-9:15 a.m.
Location: Pearson Hall
Synopsis: In accordance with the regulations of the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry, a fire drill was conducted within Pearson Hall by Public Safety.
Status: Closed

Fire Exit Drill

Date: Friday, November 15
Time: 11:09-11:26 a.m.
Location: Hicks Hall
Synopsis: In accordance with the regulations of the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry, a fire drill was conducted within Hicks Hall by Public Safety.
Status: Closed

Fire Exit Drill

Date: Friday, November 15
Time: 12:17-12:22 p.m.
Location: Martin Biological Lab
Synopsis: In accordance with the regulations of the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry, a fire drill was conducted within Martin Biological Lab by Public Safety.
Status: Closed

Fire Exit Drill

Date: Friday, November 15
Time: 12:16-12:22 p.m.
Location: Science Center
Synopsis: In accordance with the regulations of the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry, a fire drill was conducted within the Science Center by Public Safety.
Status: Closed

Fire Exit Drill

Date: Friday, November 15
Time: 12:16-12:22 p.m.
Location: Cornell Library
Synopsis: In accordance with the regulations of the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry, a fire drill was conducted within Cornell Library by Public Safety.
Status: Closed

Medical Response/Consumption and Possession of Marijuana

Date: Friday, November 15
Time: 8:37 p.m.
Location: Worth Health Center
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Worth Health Center for the report of a sick male resident student. Upon evaluation an ambulance was dispatched. Swarthmore Police and Ambulance responded and the student was transported to the hospital.
Status: Closed

Medical Emergency

Date: Friday, November 15
Time: 9:49-10:08 p.m.
Location: Lamb Miller Field House
Synopsis: Public Safety, Swarthmore Police and Ambulance responded to the Lamb Miller Field House for an injured male resident student. The student was transported to the hospital.
Status: Closed

Purchase, Consumption, Transport of Liquid Malt Brew

Date: Sunday, November 17
Time: 1:03 a.m.
Location: Clothier Hall
Synopsis: While on patrol, Public Safety observed an intoxicated female resident student within Clothier Hall. The student was transported to Worth Health Center and upon evaluation an ambulance was dispatched. Swarthmore Police and Ambulance responded and the student was cited for underage drinking.
Status: Closed/Arrest

Intoxication/Medical Response

Date: Sunday, November 17
Time: 1:31 a.m.
Location: Dana Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Dana Residence Hall for the report of an intoxicated male resident student. Upon evaluation the student was transported to Worth Health Center. Matter referred to the Dean’s Office.
Status: Dean’s Referral

Theft/Interior/Buildings

Date: Sunday, November 17
Location: Lamb Miller Field House
Synopsis: Public Safety received a report from a visitor about the theft of a warm up jacket from within the Lamb Millet Fieldhouse. The value of the coat is $75. The matter is under investigation.
Status: Investigation.

Theft/Interior/Buildings

Date: Sunday, November 17
Location: Lamb Miller Field House
Synopsis: Public Safety received a report from a visitor about the theft of a trench coat from within the Lamb Millet Fieldhouse. The value of the coat is unknown at this time. The matter is under investigation.
Status: Investigation

Investigation Vehicles

Date: Sunday, November 17
Location: Crum Woods Construction Entrance
Synopsis: Public Safety, Swarthmore Police and Nether Providence Police responded to the Crum Woods for a report of an unauthorized vehicle traveling in the woods. The vehicle was stopped and the individuals were identified.
Status: Closed