//

The Swatter: March 18-25

September, Swatter
The Swatter

Disturbance

Date: Monday, March 18
Time: 11:38-11:53 a.m.
Location: Trotter Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety Officers responded to the report of a noise disturbance. The individual was located and identified as a resident student. This matter was forwarded to the Dean’s Office for further action.
Status: Dean’s Referral

Theft

Date: Monday, March 18
Time:
Location: Bond Parking Lot
Synopsis: A student contacted the Ben West House to report the theft of his refrigerator, which was outside his vehicle in the Bond Parking Lot. The matter is under investigation
Status: Investigation

Medical Emergency

Date: Tuesday, March 19
Time: 12:06-12:20 a.m.
Location: Science Center
Synopsis: A faculty member requested assistance at the Science Center for a student. Public Safety responded. The student refused assistance and medical treatment. Officers cleared.
Status: Cleared

Investigation of Vehicle

Date: Tuesday, March 19
Time: 1:24-1:50 p.m.
Location: Fraternity Houses
Synopsis: Maintenance staff reported via radio that a vehicle was stuck in the grassy area behind the fraternities. Public Safety, grounds staff and Facilities responded to the report. The vehicle was extricated from the grassy area and all units were cleared.
Status: Cleared

Theft

Date: March 8-March 18
Time:
Location: Clothier Fields
Synopsis: An Athletics staff member reported that sometime over spring break 11 polo-style shirts were stolen from the press box. Public Safety responded and took a report. The value of these items is approximately $250.
Status: Investigation

Burglary / Forcible Entry

Date: Friday, March 22
Time: 1:48-2:18 a.m.
Location: Parrish Hall
Synopsis: An EVS staff member reported that a storage room door had damaged and the area broken into. The area is located within the basement of Parrish Hall. The value of the damage and items removed are unknown at this time.
Status: Investigation

Intoxicated Student

Date: Friday, March 22
Time: 12:38-1:44 a.m.
Location: David Kemp Residence Hal
Synopsis:  A female resident student was observed to be intoxicated and was transported to the hospital for evaluation of alcohol intoxication.
Status: Dean’s Referral

Criminal Mischief

Date: Friday, March 22
Time: 9:40 a.m.
Location: Worth Residence Hall
Synopsis:  An EVS staff member observed that a fire extinguisher was falsely discharged on the grass in front of the building. The extinguisher was observed missing from second floor of Worth J-section.
Status: Investigation

Investigation of Vehicles / Intoxication

Date: Friday, March 22
Time: 11:43 -11:50 p.m.
Location: Sharples Drive
Synopsis: A non-affiliated male and female were observed consuming alcohol within a vehicle.
Status: Cleared

Criminal Mischief

Date: Saturday, March 23
Time: 12:04-12:15 a.m.
Location: Lang Performing Arts Hall
Synopsis: A piece of artwork that was hanging in Lang Performing Arts Center was vandalized by unknown individual(s). The painting is valued at approximately $1500. Matter under investigation.
Status: Investigation

Criminal Mischief

Date: Saturday, March 23
Time: 3:10 -3:16 a.m.
Location: Wharton Residence Hall
Synopsis: A male student reported that unknown male individual(s) discharged a fire extinguisher into his residence via an open window while he was asleep in bed. The value of the damage is unknown at this time. The matter is under investigation at this time.
Status: Investigation

Criminal Mischief / Fire Alarm

Date: Saturday, March 23
Time: 3:16-3:28 a.m.
Location: Clothier Hall
Synopsis: A Public Safety Officer responded to the first floor elevator lobby and entry for an activated fire alarm. Upon arrival, the Officer observed that a fire extinguisher was falsly discharged within the area. The value of the damage is unknown at this time. Matter is under investigation.
Status: Dean’s Referral

Criminal Mischief

Date: Saturday, March 23
Time: 3:28-4:57 a.m.
Location: Science Center
Synopsis: An EVS staff member reported that unknown individual(s) falsely discharged a fire extinguisher within the area. Mailboxes located on the second floor were also damaged. The value of the damage in unknown at this time. This matter is under investigation.
Status: Investigation

Criminal Mischief

Date: Saturday, March 23
Time: 3:34-4:05 a.m.
Location: Hicks Hall
Synopsis:  Public Safety Officers responded to a fire alarm within Hicks second floor lounge (Room 214). Upon arrival, they noted that the fire extinguisher at this location had been discharged by unknown individual(s). Upon further investigation, a male student was identified as causing this damage. Report was forwarded to the Dean of Students. The value of the damage is unknown at this time.
Status: Investigation

Criminal Mischief

Date: Sunday, March 24
Time: 5:30 a.m.
Location: Parrish Hall
Synopsis: While on patrol, a Public Safety Officer observed what appeared to be fecal matter on the floor at the stairwell directly across from W 147. The value of the damage is unknown at this time. Matter under investigation.
Status: Investigation