/

Student Groups Advisor, Kimberly St. Julian ’12

Hi! My name is Kimberly St. Julian and I’m a senior. I am running for the position of Student Groups Advisor. I believe that I will be a good fit for this position as I have a wealth of experience with organizing and running student groups, charters and budgets. As a sophomore I was a member of Student Budget Committee, Orientation Committee and the RA Selection and Housing Committee and I learned a great deal about the inner workings of the administration working with and for student groups. I understand the immense responsibility that comes with the position of Student Groups Advisor including mandatory attendance to SBC Meetings and overseeing and maintaining student group charters, both of which I have done in a former capacity.  Currently I am Senior Advisor to Dare to Soar, a volunteer with Chester Youth Court, Co-coordinator for Swarthmore Sibshop and I play for Swarthmore Women’s Rugby. I thoroughly enjoy being a part of student groups on campus and if elected I plan to use my years of experience volunteering with and leading student groups to improve communication between Student Council and the plethora of interesting groups we have here on campus.  I would work to make the Charter process clearer and to have an open-door policy to help address any question, concerns or suggestions that student group leaders or members may have.

I thank you for considering me as a candidate.