Weekend Roundup: Philly anyone?

This weekend boasts several reasons to head into Philadelphia, including Restaurant Week. Held twice a year and beginning this Sunday, Restaurant Week is perfect for college students who still want to enjoy a fancier dinner at some of Philly’s best establishments. At $30 for three or more courses, Restaurant Week is a great deal. Don’t worry if places like Upstairs at Varalli have already filled up, certain restaurants such as Audrey Claire are first come first serve on Fridays.

On Friday, Sunday, and Tuesday the Philadelphia Orchestra performs Stravinsky’s The Rite of Spring. Student discount tickets run for $10 or less.

On a completely different note, if the occasionally non-vegan/vegetarian friendly fixed menus of restaurant week aren’t for you or you’re just feeling adventurous, spend Saturday celebrating in the streets with the Hari Krishnas. If you don’t mind occasional hints about raising your level of consciousness, it’s free food and a lot of fun right at City Hall.

If getting to Philly seems too much of a hassle, there’s plenty to enjoy at Swat. You can still see Melissa Meyer‘s exhibit at the List Gallery, or watch Hedwig and the Angry Inch on Saturday. Though not technically this weekend, Monday the Scott Arboretum is holding a tour of green roofs on campus.

However you spend it, have great weekend!