Weekend roundup

Though most of us have more than plenty of work to do this weekend, it is also one of the busiest times of the year in terms of events. Two more seniors will be giving recitals: Chris White will perform piano works of Bach and Debussy, and will be joined by a group of student and professional musicians to play his own compositions on Sunday night at 8:00. On Monday night, cellist Emiliano Rodriguez will play music of Debussy, Shostakovich, and Bach, accompanied by pianist Keiko Sato. Also in the music department, the second Fetter Chamber Music Concert will be on Saturday at 8:00, featuring music of Bruch, Bartok, and Brahms. And chances are you know someone involved in the Swarthmore Chorus, who will perform Bach’s monumental Mass in B minor tonight at 8:00.

On a sillier note, Kielbasafest is Saturday. If you’re Polish, want to pretend that you’re Polish, or just like sausage, you will surely find more than you can possibly consume. Afterwards, freshmen and sophomores can have their first Margaritaville experience, and juniors and seniors can rediscover the glory. For a complete Spring Fling schedule, see the Campus Events Listings.

If you want to get off campus, it’s also an excellent time. The movie version of geek favorite “The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy” opens today, which the New York Times calls “hugely likable” and “feels true to [author Douglas] Adams, if not in precise letter then certainly in mellow spirit.” It’s playing at Marple, and, in case you are not car-enabled, at The Bridge (near Penn). Also this weekend is the Equality Forum, with a wide range of LGBT-themed lectures, films, concerts and parties around Philly. The highlight is a day long event on Sunday outside Independence Hall, which will include discussions with gay leaders (including conservative blogger Andrew Sullivan and Massachusetts Congressman Barney Frank) and performances by Cyndi Lauper and Jade Starling. Tickets are $5.