Editor’s Note

With classes ending today, this will be the Gazette’s final issue of the year. As always, I’d like to encourage seniors who wish to continue receiving the Gazette in the fall to go to our website at http://daily.swarthmore.edu and subscribe with an address where you can continue to receive our unique mix of news, arts, and sports each day — even after entering the real world. Also, the Gazette’s annual reader survey will be coming out next week and I would ask that you take a moment to respond to this survey and let us know what works for you, what doesn’t work for you, and what new features you would like to see. In the past, the survey has played an influential role in guiding the Gazette’s development. And, of course, we have to find out if the weather joke can win pluralities for both the best and the worst part of the Gazette for the fifth straight year.

In addition, not only will this be the Gazette’s last issue of the year, but it will also be my last issue as a member of the Gazette staff. I’d say I’m stepping down so I can spend more time with my family, but since they will still be 300 and 3000 miles away for my senior year just as they are now, they would know that was a lie. So I won’t. In keeping with Gazette tradition, though, I’ll take a moment to hop on my soapbox. Being who I am, I won’t be there very long.

I would simply like to thank all of our readers for the many emails informing me that we’ve spelled your name incorrectly, forgotten about an important event, or otherwise screwed things up. After all, if you weren’t reading you’d never know. And the fact that you read is the reason I have worked on the Gazette for the past three years. Thank you.

I have complete confidence in the returning staff who will be leading the Gazette next fall and look forward to reading the Gazette for the first time in nearly three years as a regular student.

All the best,
Greg Leiserson ’06
Managing Editor