Swarthmore's independent campus newspaper since 1881

Athlete of the Week: Nate Booth ’16

in Athlete of the Week/Sports by
nate booth athlete of the week
Photo courtesy of Swarthmore Athletics

What He’s Done:

Last Wednesday, Booth pitched 6 innings of scoreless ball. He allowed a mere 2 hits without conceding a run. With his third scoreless start of the year, Booth improved to 4-0 while lowering his ERA to an improbable 0.38.

Favorite Career Moment:

“I’m torn between two. My first ever appearance, I came in when we were down by 8 runs. The inning after I pitched, which I threw okay, we put up a 12 run inning with three home runs. I wound up getting the win. The other would probably be an overall better performance, which happened a couple weeks ago against [Richard] Stockton when I threw my first shutout. This was cool because I think I did a better job than I’ve ever done of forcing ground balls. And the defense behind me was phenomenal the entire game. So, that was a lot of fun pitching as well.”

What’s going through your mind when you’re on the mound:

“I would say I get irrationally angry and very focused while pitching.”

Favorite Expression:

“I guess I’d say either excited or surprised, I’m not really sure. Confused is a good one too.”

The Phoenix is published every Thursday by students of Swarthmore College, except during examination and vacation periods. 1200 copies are distributed each week across the college campus, to the Borough of Swarthmore and to subscribers. The Phoenix is free of charge to Swarthmore students and faculty, limited to one copy per reader.