The Swatter: February 4, 2018 – February 11, 2018

September, Swatter
The Swatter

Criminal Mischief

Date: Wednesday, February 07, 2018

Time: 06:02 PM

Location: Parrish Hall

Synopsis: While on patrol in Parrish Hall, Public Safety discovered vandalism in multiple areas of the building. EVS was notified and the matter is under investigation.

Status: Investigation

Investigation of Person(s)

Date: Friday, February 09, 2018

Time: 08:46 AM

Location: Morganwood Development

Synopsis: Public Safety received a report regarding an unknown individual entering a residence in the Morganwood Development. Investigation determined that the individual had permission from the homeowner to enter the residence.

Status: Closed

Medical Response

Date: Friday, February 09, 2018

Time: 03:07 PM

Location: Intercultural Center

Synopsis: Public Safety, Swarthmore Police, and an ambulance responded to the Intercultural Center for the report of an ill individual. The individual was transported to the hospital for further evaluation and treatment.

Status: Closed

Fire Alarm

Date: Friday, February 09, 2018

Time: 09:27 PM

Location: PPR Apartments

Synopsis: Public Safety responded to the PPR Apartments for an activated fire alarm. There was smoke but no fire. It was determined that cooking activated the alarm.

Status: Closed

Controlled Substance – Marijuana Possession

Date: Saturday, February 10, 2018

Time: 12:54 AM

Location: The Barn

Synopsis: Public Safety received a report from Swarthmore Police Department that Swarthmore Police responded to off-campus housing for the report of an ill Swarthmore student. It was determined that the student had been smoking marijuana. The student was transported to the hospital for further evaluation and treatment, and the matter was referred to the Dean’s Office.

Status: Dean’s referral

Fire Alarm

Date: Saturday, February 10, 2018

Time: 05:34 AM

Location: David Kemp Residence Hall

Synopsis: Public Safety responded to David Kemp Residence Hall for an activated fire alarm. There was smoke but no fire. It was determined that a humidifier activated the alarm.

Status: Closed

Assist to Other Police Department

Date: Saturday, February 10, 2018

Time: 05:34 PM

Location: Delmont Laboratories

Synopsis: Public Safety responded to assist Swarthmore Police Department with an admission to the Delmont Laboratories.

Status: Closed

Medical Response

Date: Sunday, February 11, 2018

Time: 04:08 PM

Location: Clothier Hall

Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Clothier Hall for the report of an ill Swarthmore student. The student was evaluated and transported to their residence hall.

Status: Closed

Reckless Drivers

Date: Sunday, February 11, 2018

Time: 08:27 PM

Location: Parrish East

Synopsis: While on patrol, Public Safety observed two vehicles driving at excessive speeds on campus. Swarthmore Police responded and the owners of the vehicles were identified; they left campus without incident.

Status: Closed