Intoxication or Swatplague? The Swatter Finds Out. (October 17 – October 23)

September, Swatter
The Swatter

Theft/Exterior
Date: Monday, October 17, 2016
Time: 11:30 PM
Location: Mary Lyon Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety received a report of a theft of personal items from the exterior of Mary Lyons. The value of the items is approximately $2,050.00. Public Safety received information from the Dean’s Office that the box was found and all items were returned to the owner.
Status: Closed

Investigation of Condition(s)
Date: Tuesday, October 18, 2016
Time: 01:52 AM
Location: Wharton Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to a report of noises outside of Wharton Residence Hall. It was determined that the noises were from animals in the bushes; the caller was informed.
Status: Closed

Dorm Room Smoke Detector Alarm
Date: Tuesday, October 18, 2016
Time: 02:44 AM
Location: Roberts Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to a smoke detector alarm within Roberts Residence Hall. There was no smoke or fire. It was determined that there was a malfunction within the fire panel. Facilities was notified.
Status: Inactive

Sexual Assault
Date: Tuesday, October 18, 2016
Time: 11:58 AM
Location: On-campus residence hall
Synopsis: Public Safety received a report that a Swarthmore student was sexually assaulted on campus by another Swarthmore student during the spring of 2016. The matter is being handled through the Title IX Office.
Status: Title IX Office referral

Fire Alarm
Date: Wednesday, October 19, 2016
Time: 11:30 AM
Location: Willets Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to a fire alarm in Willets Residence Hall. There was smoke but no fire. It was determined that the alarm was activated due to cooking.
Status: Closed

Public Safety Assistance
Date: Wednesday, October 19, 2016
Time: 05:27 PM
Location: Off-campus location
Synopsis: Public Safety received a report from Swarthmore students about a disabled college-owned vehicle off-campus. The students were transported by Public Safety and the van towed for repairs.
Status: Closed

Suspicious Odor
Date: Thursday, October 20, 2016
Time: 10:36 PM
Location: Alice Paul Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Alice Paul Residence Hall for a report of an odor of marijuana. The officers were unable to determine the source of the odor.
Status: Closed

Medical Response
Purchase, Consumption, Possession, or Transportation of Liquor or Malt or Brewed Beverages
Date: Thursday, October 20, 2016
Time: 11:07 PM
Location: David Kemp Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to David Kemp Residence Hall for the report of an intoxicated student. Upon arrival, it was determined that the student did not require medical attention. The matter has been referred to the Dean’s Office.
Status: Dean’s referral

Medical Response
Date: Thursday, October 20, 2016
Time: 11:49 PM
Location: Parrish Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Parrish Hall for the report of an intoxicated student. Upon arrival, it was determined that the student did not require medical attention. The matter has been referred to the Dean’s Office.
Status: Dean’s referral

Medical Emergency
Date: Friday, October 21, 2016
Time: 09:59 AM
Location: Worth Health Center
Synopsis: Public Safety and Swarthmore Ambulance responded to Worth Health Center for an ill Swarthmore student. The student was transported to the hospital.
Status: Closed

Medical Response
Date: Saturday, October 22, 2016
Time: 03:03 AM
Location: Willets Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Willets Residence Hall for the report of an ill Swarthmore student. It was determined that the student was intoxicated. The matter was referred to the Dean’s Office.
Status: Dean’s referral

Medical Response
Date: Saturday, October 22, 2016
Time: 10:39 PM
Location: Parrish Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety, Swarthmore Police, and an ambulance responded to Parrish Hall for the report of an ill Swarthmore student. It was determined that the student was intoxicated and was transported to the hospital. The student will be cited for underage drinking.
Status: Dean’s referral

Public Drunkenness
Date: Sunday, October 23, 2016
Time: 12:11 AM
Location: Tunnel area
Synopsis: Public Safety checked the wellbeing of a student on Field House Lane. It was determined that the student was intoxicated. The matter was referred to the Dean’s Office.
Status: Dean’s referral

Medical Response
Date: Sunday, October 23, 2016
Time: 12:50 AM
Location: Mertz Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Mertz Residence Hall for the report of an ill Swarthmore student. It was determined that the student was intoxicated. The matter was referred to the Dean’s Office.
Status: Dean’s referral

Fire Hazard
Date: Sunday, October 23, 2016
Time: 02:40 PM
Location: Strath Haven Condominium
Synopsis: Public Safety received a report from a Swarthmore student that a stove might have been left on within Strath Haven Condominium. There was smoke but no fire. The stove was turned off and the smoke cleared.
Status: Closed