The Swatter: October 26 – November 2

Investigation of Person(s)

Date: Monday, October 26, 2015
Time: 12:30 p.m.
Location: Whittier Meeting House
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Whittier Meeting House for an unknown individual in the area. There area was searched with negative results. Information on file for future reference.
Status: Inactive

Stalking

Date: Monday, October 26, 2015
Time: 03:49 p.m.
Location: College Avenue
Synopsis: Public Safety received a report from the Title IX coordinator regarding a possible stalking of a member of the Swarthmore College community. Matter is under investigation and being addressed through the Title IX office.
Status: Title IX referral

Fire Alarm

Date: Tuesday, October 27, 2015
Time: 12:31 a.m.
Location: Black Cultural Center
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to a fire alarm within the Black Cultural Center. It was determined that the alarm was accidentally activated.
Status: Closed

Medical Response

Date: Wednesday, October 28, 2015
Time: 02:37 a.m.
Location: Roberts Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety, Swarthmore Police and Ambulance responded to Roberts Residence Hall for an ill Swarthmore student. Student transported to hospital.
Status: Closed

Sexual Assault

Date: Wednesday, October 28, 2015
Time: 03:00 p.m.
Location: College Avenue
Synopsis: Public Safety received a report from the Title IX coordinator of a sexual assault of a Swarthmore student by another Swarthmore student that occurred in a residence hall in October 2015. The matter is being addressed through the Title IX office.
Status: Title IX referral

Medical Response

Date: Wednesday, October 28, 2015
Time: 03:25 p.m.
Location: Off-campus location
Synopsis: Public Safety, Swarthmore Police and Ambulance responded to Worth Health Center for the report of a Swarthmore resident student who was struck while riding their bike on Chester Road. The student was transported to the hospital.
Status: Closed

Sexual Assault

Date: Wednesday, October 28, 2015
Time: 04:49 p.m.
Location: Scott Outdoor Auditorium
Synopsis: Public Safety received a report from the Title IX coordinator of a sexual assault of a Swarthmore student by an individual not affiliated with the College that occurred in July 2015. The matter is being addressed through the Title IX office.
Status: Title IX referral

Medical Emergency

Date: Thursday, October 29, 2015
Time: 05:43 p.m.
Location: Lamb Miller Field House
Synopsis: Public Safety, Swarthmore Police and Ambulance responded to Lamb Miller Field House for an injured Swarthmore student. The student was transported to the hospital.
Status: Closed

Controlled Substance

Date: Friday, October 30, 2015
Time: 12:11 a.m.
Location: Worth Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Worth Residence Hall for the report of a strong odor of marijuana. Swarthmore students were found with illegal substances. Matter referred to the Dean’s office.
Status: Dean’s referral

Fire Alarm

Date: Friday, October 30, 2015
Time: 01:28 a.m.
Location: Worth Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Worth Residence Hall for a fire alarm. There was no sign of smoke or fire. It was determined that the alarm was activated from burned food.
Status: Closed

Fire Alarm

Date: Friday, October 30, 2015
Time: 11:29 a.m.
Location: Worth Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Worth Residence Hall for a fire alarm. It was determined that steam from the shower activated the alarm.
Status: Closed

Investigation of Vehicle(s)

Date: Friday, October 30, 2015
Time: 05:01 p.m.
Location: Nursery Area
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to the Nursery for the report of an unknown vehicle parked within the area. The owner of the vehicle was identified and was permitted to stay.
Status: Closed

Accident – Crash

Date: Friday, October 30, 2015
Time: 07:19 p.m.
Location: Bond Visitors Lot
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Bond Lot for the report of an accident. There were no injuries.
Status: Closed

Suspicious Odor

Date: Friday, October 30, 2015
Time: 11:36 p.m.
Location: Worth Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Worth Residence Hall for the report of a suspicious odor. It was determined that cooking oil was the source of the odor.
Status: Closed

Criminal Mischief

Date: Saturday, October 31, 2015
Time: 05:37 p.m.
Location: Outdoor area/fraternity houses
Synopsis: While on patrol, Public Safety discovered vandalism around the outside of the fraternities. Matter under investigation.
Status: Investigation

Purchase/Consumption/Possession/Transportation of Liquor or Malt or Brewed Beverages

Date: Saturday, October 31, 2015
Time: 11:39 p.m.
Location: Willets Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety, Swarthmore Police, and Springfield Ambulance responded to Willets Residence Hall for an intoxicated Swarthmore student. Student was transported to hospital and will be cited for under age drinking.
Status: Cleared/arrest

Date: Saturday, October 31, 2015
Time: 11:48 p.m.
Location: Clothier Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety and Swarthmore Ambulance responded to Clothier Hall for the report of an intoxicated Swarthmore student. The student was transported to the hospital. Matter referred to the Dean’s office.
Status: Dean’s referral

Medical Emergency

Date: Sunday, November 01, 2015
Time: 12:41 a.m.
Location: Clothier Hall
Synopsis: While on patrol, Public Safety observed a visitor on campus who appeared to be intoxicated. Swarthmore Ambulance was notified. After assessment, it was determined that the visitor needed further medical treatment and was transported to the hospital.
Status: Cleared/arrest

Date: Sunday, November 01, 2015
Time: 12:58 a.m.
Location: Clothier Fields
Synopsis: Public Safety, Swarthmore Police and Ambulance responded to Clothier Fields for an ill Swarthmore student. It was determined that the student was intoxicated and was transported to the hospital. The student will be cited for under age drinking.
Status: Cleared/arrest

Public Drunkenness

Date: Sunday, November 01, 2015
Time: 01:02 a.m.
Location: Parrish Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety, Swarthmore Police and Ambulance responded to Parrish Hall for an intoxicated student. After assessment, it was determined that the student needed further treatment and was transported to the hospital. Matter referred to the Dean’s office.
Status: Dean’s referral

Date: Sunday, November 01, 2015
Time: 01:02 a.m.
Location: Clothier Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety and Swarthmore Ambulance responded to Clothier Hall for an ill Swarthmore student. It was determined that the student was intoxicated and was transported to the hospital. The student will be cited for under age drinking.
Status: Cleared/arrest

Date: Sunday, November 01, 2015
Time: 01:06 a.m.
Location: Mertz Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Mertz Residence Hall for the report of an intoxicated student. The student did not need medical attention. The matter referred to the Dean’s office.
Status: Dean’s referral

Theft/Interior/Buildings

Date: Sunday, October 01, 2015
Time: 01:09 a.m.
Location: Clothier Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety was notified by a Swarthmore staff member about a theft of Halloween decorations from Upper Tarble. The value of the item is $70. The decoration was later located.
Status: Dean’s referral

Date: Sunday, November 01, 2015
Time: 01:20 a.m.
Location: Dana Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety, Swarthmore Police, and Springfield Ambulance responded to Dana Residence Hall for an intoxicated Swarthmore student. Student transported to hospital. The student will be cited for under age drinking.
Status: Cleared/arrest

Sexual Assault

Date: Sunday, November 01, 2015
Time: 01:32 a.m.
Location: Swarthmore College campus
Synopsis: Public Safety received a report of a sexual assault of a Swarthmore student by an individual not affiliated with Swarthmore College. The matter is under investigation and has been referred to the Title IX office.
Status: Investigation

Medical Emergency

Date: Sunday, November 01, 2015
Time: 10:23 a.m.
Location: Palmer Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety, Swarthmore Police and Ambulance responded to Palmer Residence Hall for the report of an ill Swarthmore student. The student was transported to the hospital.
Status: Closed