/

Swatter: January 26-February 2

September, Swatter
The Swatter

Theft

Date: January 26, 2015
Time: 12:34 am
Location: Parrish Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety obtained a wallet that was found within Parrish Hall. The owner of the wallet was notified and discovered that approximately $100 cash had been stolen. The matter is under investigation.
Status: Open

Criminal Mischief

Date: January 27, 2015
Time: 10:19 am
Location: Old Tarble
Synopsis: Public Safety and Swarthmore Police responded to the art studio within Old Tarble to investigate a broken window and a possible theft. Upon arrival, it was determined that a DVD player valued at approximately $200 was missing. Facilities was notified about the broken glass. The matter is under investigation.
Status: Closed

Suspicious Odor

Date: January 27, 2015
Time: 10:24 pm
Location: Willets Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Willets Residence Hall for the report of several Swarthmore resident students smoking marijuana in a dorm room. The matter has been referred to the Dean’s Office.
Status: Dean’s Referral

Investigation Person

Date: January 29, 2015
Time: 11:24 am
Location: Matchbox Fitness Center
Synopsis: Public Safety received a report about a staff member’s interaction with students at the fitness center. Matter is under investigation.
Status: Investigation

Investigation Person

Date: January 29, 2015
Time: 3:13 pm
Location: Parrish Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety received the report of an unknown male within Parrish Hall. The individual was located within Clothier Hall. He was identified as a solicitor from a local vendor and was requested to leave campus. He complied without incident.
Status: Closed

Investigation Person

Date: January 30, 2015
Time: 12:08 am
Location: Science Center
Synopsis: While on patrol, Public Safety encountered an unknown male in the Science Center. The male was identified and had no affiliation with the college and was requested to leave campus. He complied without incident.
Status: Inactive

Suspicious Odor

Date: January 30, 2015
Time: 9:18 am
Location: Crum Ledge Lane
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Crum Ledge Lane for the report of a suspicious odor in the area. Upon arrival, it was determined that gasoline had spilled out while filling a piece of equipment. Facilities was notified.
Status: Closed

Investigation Vehicle

Date: January 30, 2015
Time: 1:33 pm
Location: Mary Lyons 4
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to the parking lot of Mary Lyons for the report of an occupied vehicle. Upon arrival, the vehicle occupant was identified as a parent of a student and they were permitted to stay on campus.
Status: Closed

Safety Hazard

Date: January 30, 2015
Time: 5:50 pm
Location: Crum Ledge Lane
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to a residence on Crum Ledge Lane to check the burners within the residence. Public Safety officers were able to turn off the burners and cleared without further incident.
Status: Closed

Under Age Drinking

Date: February 1, 2015
Time: 12:35 am
Location: Clothier Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety, Swarthmore Police Department and Crozer Paramedic responded to Clothier Hall for the report of a sick student. It was determined that the student was intoxicated and was transported to the hospital. The student will be cited with underage drinking.
Status: Cleared/Arrest

Criminal Mischief

Date: February 1, 2015
Time: 2:23 am
Location: Delta Upsilon Fraternity House
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to DU Fraternity for the report of a discharged fire extinguisher. Upon arrival, Public Safety recovered the extinguisher and identified that the extinguisher had been discharged without reason. Matter under investigation.
Status: Investigation

Elevator Problem

Date: February 1, 2015
Time: 12:38 am
Location: Parrish Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Parrish Hall for the report of a student confined within the elevator. The student was extricated from the elevator and power to elevator was shut down and Facilities notified.
Status: Inactive

Investigation

Date: February 1, 2015
Time: 11:29 pm
Location: McCabe Library
Synopsis: Public Safety received a report from a Swarthmore staff member about newspapers that had been tampered with in McCabe Library. The matter is under investigation.
Status: Investigation