The Swatter: July 8-13

Public Safety Assistance

Date: Tuesday, July 8th
Time: 8:34 p.m.
Location: Chester Road, at Rutgers
Synopsis: While on patrol, Public Safety observed a two vehicle accident at the intersection of Chester Road and Rutgers Avenue. Swarthmore Police and Medics arrived. Public Safety assisted with traffic control.
Status: Closed

Theft/Other Vehicle/Golf

Date: Wednesday, July 9th
Time: 6:30 a.m.
Location: Lamb Miller Field House
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to the report of a golf cart that crashed through a fence at the turf field behind the Fieldhouse. Upon arrival, it was determined that the golf cart had been stolen from within the barn on Fieldhouse Lane. The value of the cart is unknown. The matter is under investigation.
Status: Investigation

Fire Alarm
Date: Thursday, July 10th
Time: 10:47 a.m.
Location: Beardsley Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to a fire alarm within Beardsley Hall.  Upon arrival, there was no smoke or fire and the building had been evacuated. It was determined that contractors had activated the alarm.
Status: Closed

Forcible Fondling

Date: Thursday, July 10th
Time: 3:47 p.m.
Location: Willets Residence Hall
Synopsis: A known resident student reported that a resident student was sexually assaulted in May 2014 in Willets dorm by a known resident student. The matter is under investigation.
Status: Investigation

Medical Response

Date: Thursday, July 10
Time: 7:06 p.m.
Location: Bond Visitors/Faculty Staff Lot
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to Bond lot to assist a Swarthmore student with an ankle injury. Medical assistance was rendered at the scene. No further action required.
Status: Closed

Investigation Person(s)

Date: Friday, July 11
Time: 10:49 p.m.
Location: Wharton Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to the exterior of Wharton Residence Hall for the report of an unknown individual. The individual was found, identified and left campus without incident.
Status: Closed

Dorm Room Smoke Detector Alarm

Date: Sunday, July 13th
Time: 3:51 p.m.
Location: Mary Lyons 4
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to a smoke detector alarm within Mary Lyons 4. Upon arrival, it was determined that the alarm was activated due to a combination of dust and heat.
Status: Closed

Dorm Room Smoke Detector Alarm

Date: Sunday, July 13th
Time: 5:31 p.m.
Location: Woolman Residence Hall
Synopsis: Public Safety responded to a smoke detector alarm within Woolman Residence Hall. Upon arrival, it was determined that the alarm was activated due to a combination of dust and heat.
Status: Closed

Allison Hrabar

Allison is double major in Political Science (Honors) and Film and Media Studies. When not working for The Daily Gazette, she cajoles people into watching the The Americans (Wednesdays at 10:00p.m. on FX).