Women’s, Men’s Lacrosse Pull Out Impressive Wins

Women’s Lacrosse

On Wednesday afternoon, the Swarthmore Women’s Lacrosse team (9-4, 3-3) defeated Muhlenberg 16-10, marking Head Coach Karen Borbee’s 199th career win.

After trailing 5-4 with 14:03 remaining in the first half, the Garnet showed a burst of offensive power, cranking out nine straight goals in the next 25 minutes to blow the game wide open. With only 22 minutes left in the second half, the Garnet had built up an impressive 13-5 advantage, and remained in the lead for the rest of the game.

Notable players: Annalise Penikis ’13 led the Garnet offense with three goals and three assists. Caroline Murphy ’14 led the Garnet defense with four caused turnovers and two ground balls. Michelle Ammerman ’14 tallied seven saves at the net.

The Garnet continue their Centennial Conference run on Saturday, April 20, against Dickinson. First draw is set to begin at 1:00 p.m.

Men’s Lacrosse

The Swarthmore Men’s Lacrosse team (4-8, 1-4) swept Drew on Wednesday evening, pulling out an impressive 17-8 victory over the Rangers.

The Garnet led for the entire game, outscoring the Rangers in the first three quarters. Despite leading 4-1 after the first quarter, the Garnet relentlessly pushed forward, scoring six goals to the Rangers’ one to enter halftime with a 10-2 advantage. The third quarter saw three straight Garnet goals to widen the deficit to double digits, sealing the Rangers’ fates.

Notable players: Ian Lukaszewicz ’15 fired off a career-best seven goals, and also added one assist and four ground balls. Jonathan Cohen ’14 collected 14 saves at the net.

The Garnet return to Centennial Conference play this Saturday, April 20, against Dickinson. First draw is set to start at 1:00 p.m.