/

Records and Milestones 9/17/2012

Field Hockey

Aarti Rao ’14 earned her 20th career point with an assist on Sophia Agathis’ game-winning goal on Wednesday against Arcadia. Working up the middle, Rao found Agathis, who touched to the top of the circle and finished off the bottom of the crossbar.

Men’s Soccer

With an upset of 5th- ranked Franklin & Marshall on Saturday, the Swarthmore men’s soccer team has now won five consecutive matches against nationally ranked opponents.

Cameron French ’14 scored his first career goal to open the scoring on Wednesday in a 2-1 victory at Widener. The tall center-back finished off a corner kick as the Garnet took a 2.5-1 lead over the Pride in the annual 320 challenge.

Wyatt McCall ’16 scored his first career goal to lift the Garnet to a 2-1 upset of fifth-ranked Franklin & Marshall on Saturday. McCall’s goal proved the game-winner as Swarthmore improved to 4-0-1 in its last five against the Diplomats and improved to 5-0-0 on the year.

Jack Momeyer’14 earned his 20th career point with an assist on French’s goal in Wednesday’s 2-1 victory at Widener. The assist, on a well-placed corner, was the second in Momeyer’s career to go with nine goals.

Mike Stewart ’15 earned his fifth career game-winning goal with a penalty-kick tally in Wednesday’s 2-1 victory at Widener. Stewart’s spot-kick gave the Garnet a 2-0 lead before the Pride scored late on a penalty of their own.  Of Stewart’s eight career goals, five have been game-winners.

Volleyball

Zahra Ahmed ’15 recorded her 100th career kill in Saturday’s 3-0 victory over FDU-Florham.  Ahmed is averaging a shade under two kills per set in her young career.

Allie Coleman ’13 recorded her 2700th career assist in Friday’s 3-0 victory over York (PA).  Coleman is averaging nearly eight assists per set in her career and is 401 assists shy of the program record held by Emily Conlon ’05. Coleman is also 59 assists shy of tying her predecessor Kearney Bangs ’09 for second most in program history.

Danielle Delpeche ’15  recorded her 100th career kill in Saturday’s 3-0 victory over FDU-Florham to match her teammate and classmate Ahmed. Delpeche reached 100 kills in only 237 attempts while hitting .270.

Madison Heppe ’16  recorded her 100th career dig in Friday’s 3-0 victory over Kean.  Heppe, who was named MVP of the Stevens Ducks Classic, is averaging a stellar 4.86 digs per set through her first nine matches as the Garnet libero.

Danielle Sullivan ’14 registered her 500th career dig in Friday’s 3-0 victory over York.  Sullivan, who has also recorded 500 kills, is the only active player for the Garnet to hit the 500-mark in both categories.

Megan Brock ’14 earned her tenth career assist on Saturday as the Garnet defeated Franklin & Marshall 2-0. Brock’s assist came just one game after she scored her tenth career goal and set up Emma Sindelar for the insurance goal just under three minutes into the second half.