Women’s Swimmers Defeat Owls, Improve to 4-1

SWARTHMORE, Pa. – After returning from a successful training trip in Puerto Rico, the Swarthmore College women’s swimming team (4-1, 3-1) put together a strong all-around effort and cruised to victory over the Bryn Mawr Owls (3-6, 0-5) 100-79 on Wednesday evening at Ware Pool.
Freshman Supriya Davis led the way with strong swims in the 1,000 yard freestyle (11:00.52) and the 100 yard butterfly (58.33) and sophomore Becky Teng also had standout performances in the 200 yard freestyle (2:08.59) and the 100 yard breaststroke (1:14.89).
For the Owls, sophomores Judy Yeung and Ruth Logan anchored the team with solid performances in the 100 yard back (1:05.57) and the 500 free (5:46.68), respectively.
The Garnet immediately started off strong with a dominant performance in the 200 yard medley relay. The team of Davis, Teng, senior Naomi Glassman, and sophomore Erin Lowe handily defeated the pack, posting a time of 1:57.73.
The Garnet continued its dominance in 50 yard freestyle with freshman Kate Wisemanposting a time of 25.60 and the 200 yard individual medley in which sophomore Maggie Regan easily won with a time of 2:18.32.Regan also had a statement victory in the 500 yard freestyle (5:29.11), beating her opponents by over 50 yards.

The Garnet women look to keep the momentum going when it takes on non-conference opponent Cabrini this Saturday at Ware Pool. The meet is set to begin at 2:00 p.m.