StuCo Elections Next Week

Student Council held an interest meeting to discuss the upcoming elections on Wednesday night. There are three open positions: Financial Policy Representative, Student Events Advisor, and Student Groups Advisor. Over donuts and coffee, current members explained the role of Student Council (StuCo) on campus to five potential candidates, four of whom were first-years.

Vice President Olivia Ensign ’12 emphasized that the goal of Student Council is to serve as a liaison between the student body and the administration. Student Council is heading into the year with the overall intention of taking on short-term projects that can have more immediate results than in past years. Candidates for the three available positions must keep these goals in mind as they prepare platforms stating their qualifications and their visions for the upcoming year.

Platforms are due before midnight on Monday, September 12, and will be published in The Daily Gazette and The Phoenix. There will also be a live question and answer session on Wednesday, September 14, at 7:30 PM. The video footage of the Q&A session will be posted online shortly afterward. Voting begins on Wednesday, September 14, and closes on Sunday, September 18.