Student Council Report

The computer program for rescheduling spring exams to accommodate the possible “Thanksgiving in the Spring” break has been completed and members of Council will be meeting with Registrar Martin Warner early next week.

Council also discussed the dining initiatives they will be pursuing this semester–members of Council will be meeting with Dining Services later this week in order to discuss them. They would like to make breakfast at Sharples start earlier and dinner end later, and allow first-semester freshmen to have a choice about which meal plan they want.

After last semester’s successful initiative for bag dinners at Tarble, Council is hoping to build on its success by making healthier food available at Tarble as well as increasing meal equivalency at Tarble to make it easier to purchase a full meal.

SAC visited in order to discuss a possible new role for SAC in funding large events; it will be discussed further at a later date.

Student Council will be creating a new easy-to-remember e-mail address for forwarding to the Reserved Students Digest, based on a suggestion by Elena Smith ’09. Council will also be meeting with ITS to discuss the new format of Reserved Students Digest.

Appointments Committee will be announcing the new round of appointments soon, and applications should be due at the end of March.