New attractions coming to Ville

In an attempt to combat its traditionally dull reputation and to compete with on-campus attractions such as Paces and McCabe, Ville officials unveiled a number of changes that will be taking place in the next few months on Thursday.

The site formerly occupied by Michael’s was recently bought by the college. It will function as an auxiliary dormitory. The space will be known as Norm Dorm to continue the rhyming dynamic initiated by the recent decision to christen the New Dorm as Paul Hall. Norm, which will house ten students in a variety of living arrangements, should be ready for use in the fall of 2005. All raw materials are on site except for a selection of granites from Australia which are expected any day now. Norm will share an RA with Palmer.

In other news, the old Co-op space was bought out by Larry, the ex husband of Vicky of “Vicky’s Place.” “Larry’s Space” will offer “dinner and whole lot of cake.” Due to Ville regulations, two new barber shops will open up as the number of haircutting establishments must be exceed twice the number of eateries.The Garnet Cleaners will now offer buzz cuts for clean cut Swatties on the go, and the Silver Scissors will open up in the basement of Renatos. Becky and Sally, the all powerful gossip queens of the Coed Hair Salon, could not be reached for comment.

1. That is one of the most bizarre city/town/borough/whatever laws I’ve ever heard. There are plenty of options for a haircut as is (my favorite being Family Cuts by the co-op).

That being said, new restaurant options are nice, but I’m not sure students are looking for a sit-down dinner place. I hope I’m wrong and that Larry does well for himself, but another take-out/delivery option (something other than pizza or Chinese, even) seems more likely to prosper.