The Book and Key Society: March 7th, 1918

This article is part of a series called Last Century Today. What follows is the minutes of Book and Key, Swarthmore’s secret society, from exactly 100 years ago. 

The Temple, March 7th

The regular meeting of the Book & Key Society was called to order by Senior Praeces Carmog on the above date. The minutes of the preceding meeting were read and approved.

Senior Blau reports for photograph and house committee Senior Ewell objects to new two dollar fine for absent from examination discussion.

Senior Donelly brings up matter of over-organization and discussion followed.

Senior Blau discusses tap night and plans for bringing the matter up so that it may become known on the hill. Objections are raised to publicity and it is suggested that tap night might be run off quietly without the usual show in front of Parrish Hall. Discussion. Moved, seconded, & passed that it be the sentiment of the society that tap night might be run off quietly.

Adjournment to discuss new men.

Senior Frederick S. Donnelly,

Secretary.

Archives, featured image, and assistance in reading cursive courtesy of the Friends Historical Library and Pat O’Donnell.

Keton Kakkar

Keton is a senior from Sands Point, New York. They study English literature and computer science, and they like to rock climb. They have probably tried to correct your grammar. Read more of their work at: https://ketonkakkar.github.io.