Editor’s note: This article was initially published in The Daily Gazette, Swarthmore’s online, daily newspaper founded in Fall 1996. As of Fall 2018, the DG has merged with The Phoenix. See the about page to read more about the DG.
Note to Students: SBC would like to urge more student groups to apply for supplemental funding. For more information please visit http://sgo.swarthmore.edu/budgeting-guide/ or email email@example.com.
SBC is a committee of 8 appointed representative students, headed by the SBC Chair and joined by SGO Chair of Student Organizations. They are tasked with allocating the Student Activities Fee to student groups. The committee meets once a week on Sundays in Sharples room 4. SBC also heads a separate office that consists of a Manager and three Assistant Managers who facilitate reimbursements and service payments in an office on Parrish 4th.
- Funds for seeing Black Panther. Important to support film representation of Afro-Latino community.
- Passes unanimously for full funding of $450.00
- 7204 Registrations: $450.00
- Purchasing safety equipment including helmets, bike satchels, chain lubricant, and clipless pedals.
- Registration fee for ECC racing.
- Passes unanimously for full funding of $821.00
- 7401 Equipment: $621.00
- 7204 Registrations: $200