/

The Daily Gazette’s Weekend of September 28th Athletics Recap

Men’s Soccer:

The Garnet huddling up before kick-off

Courtesy of the Sports Information Office

The Men’s Soccer team played Ursinus College to a 1-1 draw in Collegeville, Pennsylvania this Saturday. After Ursinus took an early lead, the Garnet fought back to equalize through a Michael Superdock ’15 header. The #19 ranked Garnet are set to take on Muhlenberg College at 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday, October 2nd in another Centennial Conference matchup at Clothier Field.

Women’s Volleyball:

Brone Lobichusky '14 and Chastity Hopkins '15 jump for a block

The Women’s Volleyball team fell to Johns Hopkins on Saturday, coming from behind twice in a five-set thriller . The Garnet were led by Danielle Sullivan ’14, who finished with 12 digs, seven kills, and a solo block. The Garnet are set to take on Washington College in another conference showdown at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, October 1st at Tarble Pavilion.

Women’s Soccer:

Johnson '17 receives a pass

The Women’s Soccer team suffered their second defeat of the season in conference play, giving up three goals to Centennial Conference rivals Johns Hopkins. Reba Magier ’16 had a career-high 16 saves in net. The Garnet will look to bounce back with another Centennial Conference game on Saturday, October 5th at 3:00 p.m., when they take on Gettysburg College at Clothier Field.

Women’s Field Hockey:

Erin Gluck '16 netted two for the Garnet on Saturday

Erin Gluck ’16 netted a pair of goals for the Garnet on Saturday, but the Garnet lost to Johns Hopkins on Saturday, by a score of 6-2. The Garnet fell to 2-7 on the season, dropping their third straight Centennial Conference matchup. The Garnet will take on Washington College on Wednesday, October 2nd at 4:00 p.m. at Washington College.