What to Expect This Weekend: Every Team Will Share the Spotlight

This weekend, eight teams are scheduled to see action at home, with every spring team playing over the course of three days. Women’s Tennis, Baseball, and both Track & Field teams will be pulling double duty, competing twice throughout this weekend.

Baseball

Friday: Swarthmore @ Haverford College

Saturday: Gettysburg College @ Swarthmore

After a hard-fought 9-7 victory against the Fords on April 2, the Swarthmore Men’s Baseball team looks to improve its 15-6 record in two games this weekend. The Garnet travels to Haverford on Friday for a rematch before Saturday’s double-header at home against the Gettysburg Bullets.

Friday’s game is set to kick off at 3:30 p.m. at Haverford. Saturday’s games are slated to start at 12:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. at Clothier Field.

Men and Women’s Track & Field

Friday: Distance Night @ Princeton

Saturday: Osprey Invitational @ Richard Stockton

After strong finishes by the Swarthmore Men and Women’s Track & Field teams at the Danny Curran Invitational hosted by Widener, both teams kicked off Distance Night at Princeton yesterday, continuing with the second day of competition today. On Saturday, the teams will travel to Richard Stockton for the one-day Osprey Invitational.

Competition on Friday is set to begin at 5:00 p.m. Saturday’s meet is set to start at 10:00 a.m.

Men’s Lacrosse

Gettysburg College @ Swarthmore College

This Saturday, the Swarthmore Men’s Lacrosse team looks to build upon their most recent 13-10 win against Elmira on March 30 when they face the visiting Gettysburg Bullets. After rebounding from a 15-6 loss to Muhlenberg on March 27, the Garnet hopes to continue their winning run and add to their 3-5 record.

First draw is slated to start at 1:00 p.m. at Clothier Field.

Softball

Franklin & Marshall College @ Swarthmore

After splitting a double-hitter against Widener on April 4, the Swarthmore Softball team will host Franklin & Marshall College on Saturday, in hopes of boosting their 13-9 record. The Garnet recorded an impressive win when they split another double-header against defending Centennial Conference champions McDaniel on April 2, and will be looking to come away with both games tomorrow.

First pitch is set to start at 1:00 p.m. at Clothier Field.

Women’s Tennis

Sunday: TCNJ @ Swarthmore

After a 9-0 defeat at the hands of No. 26 Mary Washington on March 29, the Swarthmore Women’s Tennis team rebounded with a 6-3 win over Washington College on April 3, boosting their record to 5-2, 3-0. The team will face the Gettysburg Bullets and The College of New Jersey on Saturday and Sunday, in hopes of keeping their winning streak alive.

Saturday’s game is set to start at 1:00 p.m. at Cunningham Courts. Sunday’s game is set to start at 1:00 p.m. at Faulkner Courts

Women’s Lacrosse

Swarthmore @ Gettysburg College

The Swarthmore Women’s Lacrosse team came agonizingly close to a victory, but eventually lost 10-9 to McDaniel on April, following a convincing 21-4 win over Bryn Mawr on March 28 to bring their current record to 7-2, 2-1. The team will be looking to overturn the recent loss with a victory against a visiting Gettysburg team this Saturday.

First draw is slated to start at 1:00 p.m. at Gettysburg College.

Men’s Tennis

Vassar @ Swarthmore

Coming off a 7-2 loss to Johns Hopkins on March 30, the Swarthmore Men’s tennis team will host Vassar College on Saturday, as they look to reverse their fortunes on the courts. With a win, the Garnet hope to add to their current 4-6, 1-1 record.

The game is set to begin at 3:00 p.m. at Cunningham Courts.

Men and Women’s Golf

The Swarthmore Men’s and Women’s Golf teams look to continue their impressive run after taking first place at their first home match of the spring, the Swarthmore Invitational. The team will travel up to Hershey, PA on Sunday to compete in the Hershey Cup at the Hershey Country Club.