Ashley Vogel’s Late-Night Traveling Tracks

Ashley Vogel ’13 is a double major in Sociology/Anthropology and Religion. She works as a house sitter for the Women’s Resource Center and DJs on WSRN for the show “(500) Days of Hype Machine.” In her free time, she scours blogs for new music and hits shows in Philly. These are some of her favorite late-night traveling (driving/walking/unicycling/Segwaying) tracks.

This playlist is a roadmap to 2011, which for me was a year of traveling – through Madrid, across Spain, to Paris, and finally back home. This is a collection of songs I’d listen to in airports, on the metro, and walking back from discotecas at 5 a.m., as a way to feel connected to people back in the States. Whether you’re drifting off to sleep on a bench in Charles de Gaulle or just walking from DK to Wharton, this playlist will give you solace on your dreary journey.

1. “Rivers” – Kankouran
2. “1979 (ft. Liz Anjos)” – RAC
3. “Lemonade” – Braids
4. “Blood” – The Middle East
5. “A Picture of Our Torn Up Praise” – Phosphorescent
6. “The Ballad of Oregon” – River City Extension
7. “Know Yer Blows” – Sticklips
8. “My Ma” – Girls
9. “Don’t Confess (This Thing That Breaks My Heart)” – Tegan and Sara
10. “We Lovers” – Ohbijou
11. “Older Brother” – Pepper Rabbit
12. “Hands Remember” – Seabear
13. “Pretty Voice” – Cloud Cult
14. “Welcome to the Dark” – Daniela Gesundheit
15. “Two Headed Boy, Pt. 2” – Neutral Milk Hotel

“Campus Mixtapes” is a new feature highlighting the musical tastes of different people at Swarthmore. To nominate someone for inclusion, please email Kat Clark ’12 (kclark9).