/

The Week in Pictures: Company, ToeJam, Activism, and Oh Dang!

The cast of the musical Company during their dress rehearsal

Photo by Elèna Ruyter '14
Kimaya Diggs '15, Mia Ferguson '15 and Hannah Grunwald '15 perform a Company dance number
Photo by Elèna Ruyter '14
Students hold an open discussion about Occupy Wall Street
Photo by Se Eun Gong '13
The women's volleyball team falls to Haverford, 3-1
Photo by Allison Ranshous '13
Hideo Levy, recipient of the National Book Award, gives a lecture in McCabe Library
Photo by Treasure Tinsley '15
The Mariachi Band performs at ToeJam 2011
Photo by Elèna Ruyter '14
Sixteen Feet performs at ToeJam 2011
Photo by Elèna Ruyter '14
Students feast at the HAN-sponsored Oh Dang! event, a one-day Korean street bar
Photo by Michelle Lin '12
The menu included Odang and Odang soup, Pa-jeon (fried scallion cake), Tteokbokki (stir-fried dish with garaetteok), beef, various vegetables seasoned with red pepper paste, Rice munchkin, and Mulmandu (boiled dumplings)
Photo by Michelle Lin '12
Yvonne Socolar '13 mans Good Food's fresh honey table at Swarthmore's Real Food Festival
Photo by Elèna Ruyter '14
Students attend the List Gallery opening for Collage Perspectives
Photo by Kat Clark '12
A student examines a newly-installed piece by Philadelphia artist Arden Bendler Browning
Photo by Kat Clark '12
Ben Atherton-Zeman performs his play Voices Of Men, which aims to end men's violence against women
Photo by Kat Clark '12

“The Week in Pictures” is a weekly photo spread of life at Swarthmore College put together by the staff of The Daily Gazette. If you have a photo you would like to submit, or if you’re interested in joining our media staff, please send inquiries to arts@daily.swarthmore.edu.

• Fair question. I’m actually not sure why they provided those versions in the past. I wouldn’t expect photographers to post hi-res versions of their photos. Individuals and groups should contact photographers on an individual basis if they would like to use their work for personal or promotional purposes.

However, if people feel the images on the site are simply too small to be viewed properly, The Gazette will definitely consider re-formatting the Week in Pictures. Feel free to post any suggestions in the comments section!

• I totally understand the lack of hi-res, but I think the images are too small. It’s pretty difficult to make out faces unless they’re, well, rather big in the picture!