Copy Editor’s note

As I look forward to my graduation, I have looked back on the three years I have spent as a member of the Daily Gazette staff with amazement. These years included enormous changes. To name only a few: the creation of a separate living and arts section, the introduction of HTML emails, more frequent feature stories, and many less visible changes that have enabled us to take advantage of the opportunities afforded to an online-only publication. All of these developments required enormous amounts of work from our small staff.

We have faced challenges ranging from network outages to a disturbing lack of happenings on campus (but we reminded each other not to “create news” before assuring that another staff member was present to cover the proceedings), but have always emerged to publish the next issue. I am proud of what we have achieved and feel fortunate to have been a part of it as a reporter, as Arts Editor, and now as the Gazette’s first-ever Chief Copy Editor. I have gone to weird lectures, stayed up late tinkering with HTML, and been to an awful lot of dress rehearsals (but have never written a sports article). I am sad to leave, particularly when even greater and more exciting changes are in the works, but know the publication will be in good hands. Thank you and please keep reading in the fall! I certainly will.

-Micaela Baranello ’07