Editor’s Note

Dear readers,

Welcome to another year at Swarthmore and the 20th semester of the Daily Gazette. We hope you find our publication to be enjoyable and informative and would love to receive any comments or questions you may have at dailygazette@swarthmore.edu. You can submit events for listing in our Campus Events section by sending emails to that same address.

As we transition to a new webmaster, the Gazette website, daily.swarthmore.edu, may not be immediately updated with today’s issue. We expect to have the website properly functional by Tuesday and apologize for any inconvenience.

Also, with the introduction of the new, HTML-friendly Swatmail interface, some of you may be receiving the HTML edition of the Gazette for the first time. If you prefer to receive a plain text version–which contains all of the content in a somewhat more compact and less attractive format–, you can try following the “Manage Preferences or Unsubscribe” at the bottom of this email and choosing the appropriate option in the webform you will see, or you can email us and we’ll be happy to make the changes for you.

In any case, thanks for reading, and good luck in the upcoming academic year.

Andrew Quinton
Managing Editor