Editor’s Note

Dear Readers,

Today is the Gazette’s final issue of the school year and will also be my last as Managing Editor. It is time for me to say my goodbyes and thank yous…all combined with the occasional hint of sappiness.

The start of my Gazette career was not typical. I was manning the college bowl table at the orientation activities fair during my sophomore year and decided to take a break. While I was passing by the Gazette’s table, I was somehow convinced to join. My inability to say no had struck again, and boy am I glad that it did. Megan, thanks for pulling me in; I wouldn’t have joined and later made so many wonderful friends without your help.

My tenure at the Gazette has been a very interesting experience. People tended to abandon me…or graduate or become busy with other silly things. These people built up a really strong foundation to work with. I want to thank Pei Pei and Greg for being such awesome leaders and for setting such a good example.

It is hard to deny that other people make me look good. Yeah, sometimes people on my staff have issues with remembering things, but the Gazette could not function without such super people; you are all simply amazing. Andrew and Micaela truly did wonders for the sports and arts sections (respectively), and their work is much appreciated. Most importantly, I couldn’t have stayed sane without Ken’s constant support and the tremendous amounts of work he put into the website and putting together the HTML issue on a daily basis.

Finally, I want to thank those of you who read the Gazette on a daily basis. It was a pleasure to serve you as a reporter, Sports Editor, and Managing Editor, and I appreciated all of your feedback. My favorite e-mail of all time is when one person referred to my writing as “three-dimensional” and “better than TV and radio combined.” That was pretty cool, and papers that I wrote for class never got such a positive response. Also, I do appreciate that no one wrote in to complain about the supreme awfulness of my world news roundups. Sorry about those…I only wrote them when others forgot to write them, and boy were those my least favorite thing about the Gazette.

Be sure to fill out the reader survey that will come out soon. I am certainly looking forward to waking up with the Gazette in my inbox every morning in the fall, and I would highly encourage other seniors to subscribe after
graduation. Thanks everyone!

Alex Glick ’06
Managing Editor