Big Ben comes to Swat

Quick quiz: who’s the opposite of Blackalicious? Answer: Ben Folds! This spring, the Large Scale Events committee has pulled a one-eighty and decided to bring piano-rocker Ben to Swat.

Ben was the singer and pianist of the popular 90s alternative band Ben Folds Five, and obviously a very humble frontman. Songs like “Army” and “Rockin’ the Suburbs” struck a note with directionless would-be rebels across America, while the hit “Brick” sang to the depressing event of an abortion. Since the big split with the band, Ben’s latest include “Bastard” and “Jesusland”. He appears to be continuing the trend of heralding the white man’s existential angst.

Martyna Pospieszalska, spokesperson for the LSE committee, says, “Basically, Ben Folds is an amazing live performer who knows how to rock the piano…what more could Swatties want?” Not much. Ben brings skill, passion, and the cure to this semester’s misery poker to Swat on April 8th following a yet-to-be-announced opener at 8 pm. Tickets will be available online, as they were last year, and must be picked up prior to the show with a student ID. The LSE committee encourages those who do not get tickets to show up at the door so that every seat is full. They shouldn’t have much to worry about!