Athletics Weekly Recap

Women’s Soccer:

Swarthmore: 1, Dickinson College: 2

Swarthmore women’s soccer traveled to Carlisle, PA, on Saturday, Oct. 22 to face Dickinson College. The Red Devils found two goals early in the 15th and 22nd minutes to hold the lead at the end of the half. The Garnet started the second half with energy and found a goal just three minutes into the half. Swarthmore kept up the offensive pressure, tallying seven shots in the match, but ultimately could not find an equalizer. 

Notable Players: Kim Kockenmeister ’23 scored the Garnet’s sole goal of the match.

Swarthmore: 5, Bryn Mawr College: 0

On Tuesday, Oct. 25, Swarthmore women’s soccer defeated Bryn Mawr College at home on Clothier field. The Garnet had their five goals come off the feet of five different players from five different assisters. Swarthmore had three goals in the first half and found two more in the second half, tallying 32 shots throughout the game.

Notable Players: Abby Chang ’25, Allie Zitelli ’25, Dani Kaufman-Sedano ’24, Amelia Mounts ’23, and Marea Lee ’25 each racked up a goal, and Mounts and Zitelli each had an assist as well.

Men’s Soccer:

Swarthmore: 2, Dickinson College: 4

On Saturday, Oct. 22, Swarthmore men’s soccer played Dickinson College in Carlisle, PA. Dickinson scored two goals in the first half, but the Garnet responded with a goal in the 64th minute. The Red Devils then scored twice in the second half, and despite creating seventeen shots in the match, Swarthmore was only able to add one more goal in the 77th minute.

Notable Players: Joseph Eyiolowpe ’26 scored the first goal for the Garnet, and Grant Nguyen ’25 scored the second.

Field Hockey:

Swarthmore: 2, Dickinson College: 3

On Saturday, Oct. 22, Swarthmore fell to Dickinson College, 3-2. The Garnet scored first in the opening three minutes of the game, but Dickinson responded with a goal of their own. Both teams scored another goal to keep the score even until the 53rd minute when the Red Devils were able to slip in another shot. Swarthmore put up sixteen shots in the match but were unable to find any more goals.

Notable Players: Martina Kampel ’23 scored both of the Garnet’s goals.

Swarthmore: 0, Bryn Mawr College: 3

Swarthmore played Bryn Mawr College at home on Tuesday, Oct. 26. The Garnet put up a good fight, but the Owls found a goal in the first, second, and fourth quarters that Swarthmore couldn’t return. But the Garnet fought until the end and posted a total of thirteen shots against Bryn Mawr.

Notable Players: Grace Twitchell ’23 had four shots, and Cassandra Conklin ’26 had three saves.

Volleyball:

Swarthmore: 3, Dickinson College: 1

On Saturday, Oct. 22, Swarthmore played Dickinson College and defeated their rivals in a 3-1 win. The Garnet captured the first set, lost the second, and then rallied to win the following two sets.

Notable Players: Offensively, Dani Pena ’24 had a career-high 47 assists. Kaylee Zhang ’24 had 24 kills and 22 digs.

Swarthmore: 3, Susquehanna University: 0

Swarthmore played Susquehanna University in their second game of the tri-match on Saturday, Oct 22. The Garnet easily won the first three sets 25-19, 25-19, and 25-16.

Notable Players: Offensively, Kaylee Zhang ’24 had nine kills, and Dani Pena ’24 had 21 assists. Defensively, Angelina Heminway ’26 had two blocks.

Swarthmore: 3, Bryn Mawr College: 0

Swarthmore beat Bryn Mawr College on Tuesday, Oct 25., easily sweeping all three sets. The score of the first set was 25-5, while the last two were 25-15. 

Notable Players: Offensively, Kaylee Zhang ’24 and Chloe Mayhue ’23 each had nine kills, while Madeline Mountcastle ’26 had 15 assists. Defensively, Jayln Miller ’26 had eight digs.