Weekend Recap

Field Hockey

Swarthmore: 1, Johns Hopkins: 2

This past Friday, Swarthmore women’s field hockey took on Johns Hopkins in the Centennial Conference Semi-Finals at Homewood Field. The Garnet were tied 1-1 through the middle of the fourth frame but gave up a tough goal in the last few minutes of regulation. This season marks the team’s best finish in over a decade. 

Notable Players: Chelsea Semper ’22 scored the Garnet’s only goal assisted by Samantha Meacock ’22. Goalie Aron Lankford ’22 tallied five saves. 

Volleyball

Swarthmore: 0, Haverford: 3

This past Saturday, Swarthmore volleyball fell to Haverford in the Centennial Conference Semi-Finals. The Garnet were competitive in each set (20-25, 25-23, and 30-28), battling to the end of the game. This was the team’s seventh straight Centennial Conference postseason appearance, and they concluded the season with a .619 winning percentage. 

Notable Players: Trisha Razdan ’25 recorded five kills, two blocks, and one ace. Chloe Mayhue ’23 had eight kills and one ace. 

Women’s Swimming

Swarthmore women’s swimming traveled to the University of Chicago this weekend to participate in the D3 Shootout. The team recorded multiple record breaking swims, setting new program and Centennial Conference records. This coming Friday, Nov. 12, women’s swimming will take on Bryn Mawr at home. 

Notable Players: Annabella Boardman ’23 broke the Centennial record time for the 100-break stroke. Lexi Duffy ’24, Sophie Rotival ’25, Ashley Wong ’24, and Mackenzie Tucker ’25 posted the second-fastest 400-medley relay time in Swarthmore history. 

Men’s Swimming

Swarthmore men’s swimming also traveled to the University of Chicago this weekend to participate in the D3 Shootout. Swarthmore men’s swimming will face Gettysburg College on Friday, Dec. 3, in Gettysburg, PA.

Notable Players: Ben Freeman ’24 recorded the sixth-fastest time in DIII this season for the 200-free. Andrew Karpenko ’24 swam the fourth-fastest time in Swarthmore program history for the 100-breast. 

Women’s Soccer

Swarthmore: 0, McDaniel: 3

This past Friday, Swarthmore women’s soccer lost to McDaniel College in Centennial Conference Semi-Finals. Swarthmore women’s soccer finished their season with a .625 winning percentage and returned to the Centennial Conference playoffs after missing the playoffs in 2019.

Notable Players: Alice Onyango-Opiyo ’23 and Megan Ruoff ’23 each recorded one shot on goal.