Sports Update 9/27

Scoreboard
Volleyball: Swarthmore 3, Washington 0
Field Hockey: Swarthmore 4, Washington 3
Men’s Soccer: Swarthmore 2, Washington 0

VOLLEYBALL: Fine Sweep over Shorewomen (30-22, 30-27, 30-20)
SWARTHMORE, Pa. – The Garnet volleyball team came out with a win against the Shorewomen. Jen Wang ’09 posted 11 kills, while Katherine Gold and Johanna Bond both racked up 10 kills each. Defensive machine Erin Heany recorded 22 digs and three serving aces.

FIELD HOCKEY: Take Shorewomen in 4-3 Win
SWARTHMORE, Pa. – The Garnet out shot the Shorewomen 31 to 14 to take the win on Wednesday night. Scoring in the first for the Garnet was Sara McCabe ’11 was assisted by Alex Gilbert-Bono ’10. Also in the first half Hoa Pham ’10 scored her third goal of the season off a rebound off Abbie Fischer ’08. Closing the first half Fischer notched in a goal of her own unassisted. The only Garnet goal during the second half came from Natalie Stone ’09 assisted by McCabe.

MEN’S SOCCER: Garnet Take Two
SWARTHMORE, Pa. – Swarthmore finally get two goals off in their win against the Washington Shoremen. Michael Bonesteel ’08 received his first goal of the season while shooting 30 yards out from the net. Knotting in the Garnet’s second goal of the night was Yoi Tibbets ’09 off a penalty kick. Goalie Ryan Sutcliffe ’08 was relieved in the second half by Zach Weimar ’10 to finish the Garnet’s shutout.

Upcoming Events
Cross Country at Paul Short Invite Fri., Sept. 28 at 3:15 p.m.
Field Hockey at McDaniel Sat., Sept. 29 at 1:00 p.m.
Volleyball at McDaniel Sat., Sept. 29 at 1:00 p.m.
Women’s Soccer at McDaniel Sat., Sept. 29 at 1:00 p.m.
Men’s Soccer hosts Gettysburg Sat., Sept. 29 at 7:00 p.m.
Men’s Tennis at ITA Regionals – Mary Washington