Weekend Roundup: Special spring break edition

Stuck on campus this weekend? Stuck on campus for all of break? Now, you truly have no excuse not to go do something rather than sit around and watch “The Big Lebowski” yet again.

Wherever you are, you can sit around and watch the Oscars instead, which are on Sunday night. (Well, maybe not if you’re in a very exotic place. If only we were.) Will the “Brokeback Mountain” guys gallop to victory? (Probably.) Will someone give a drunken acceptance speech? (We can only hope.) Will host Jon Stewart be the biggest winner? (You bet.) Whether you’ve seen any of the movies or not, here’s your chance to pretend you are an authority on all things Film. We are more interested in the decidedly less polished Independent Spirit awards the previous night, which will be broadcast on Bravo. Not because we’ve seen a higher percentage of the movies, just because of the principle of the thing.

If flowers are your thing, then you won’t want to miss the Philadelphia Flower Show, running from March 5 to 12 at the Convention Center. It includes the largest plant sculpture, which, whether you’re a flower person or not, sounds pretty cool. Even if we aren’t quite sure what it is. It depicts Natura, the “goddess of Nature”. (Which mythology is this, actually?) She’s a reclining figure 25 feet tall and 60 feet long constructed entirely out of plants, and including a waterfall. The whole show includes over 10 acres of gardens. And it’s inside! See http://www.theflowershow.com for more information.