Your New and Improved Winter Playlist

Tired of listening to the same old Christmas songs now that it’s February? Wish you had the perfect playlist to take you somewhere warmer? Have some songs in mind now that you’ve read those first few sentences and want this list to validate your choices? Then look no further than this winter playlist, hand-crafted for 50% snow-loving weirdos and 50% those dreaming of catching a suntan. Let’s get into it!

1. “Oh, Miss Believer” by Twenty One Pilots

I don’t know about you, but the major thing I miss about Christmas music is the sleighbells. If you’re not afraid of getting a little emo, add some angst to your snowy walk through the Crum.  

2. “Hazy Shade of Winter” by Simon & Garfunkel

If you’re really into the classics, this is an upbeat number about the
changing of seasons and how to deal with it. If you’re anything like good ol’ S&G here, alcohol might work.

3. “Mt. Washington” by Local Natives

We get it. Sometimes it’s nice to be left alone when you’re suffering from hypothermia while walking to Sharples. With the hook on this song, if anyone bothers you, just unplug your headphones and let them have it.

4. “Sunshine Riptide” by Fall Out Boy ft. Burna Boy

Unlike many songs that go for a ~Caribbean feel~ without actually involving reggae, this song does its best to remind you that humans need sunlight, and you REALLY need to go outside.

5. “The A Team” by Ed Sheeran

Throwback! Admit it – you jammed to this song in middle school. We
all did. It deserves to be here on that basis alone.

6. “Lemon” by N.E.R.D & Rihanna

If you have the winter blues, you are definitely going to need this
absolute bop to show you that not all isbad in the world, and that you can always count on Rihanna to help you feel better.

7. “Strange Attractor” by Animal Kingdom

If you’re one of the lucky ones to have found your Winter Bae, congratulations! Use this song to serenade them. Hopefully, they’ll be able to get over the fact that you called them strange for half of the song.

8. “Around Me” by Epique

Not lucky enough to find a winter bae? That’s also fine! Use this song to prevent yourself from settling for second best. Remember: no f-boys.

9. “Ashes of Eden” by Breaking Benjamin

I know, I know – Breaking Benjamin is pretty hit or miss. I promise, if you set up the atmosphere for this one – sit by the snowy window, grab a hot chocolate, wear those hand-woven fingerless gloves all the people have on in the pictures when you Google “winter aesthetics” – this song can be soothing. Just try it.

10. “God’s Plan” by Drake

Last but not least, if you feel like God is wishing bad weather on you, find comfort knowing that it’s okay to only love your bed and your mama.