/

List Gallery: Mildred B. Miller Exhibition and Art Sale

The List Gallery held an opening reception Thursday evening for its four-day exhibition and sale of selected works by noted Pennsylvanian Impressionist Mildred B. Miller (1892-1964). Over 30 works of art will be exhibited in media including oil, pastel, drawing, and etching.

Mildred Bunting Miller studied art at the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts from 1910 to 1915. She was a resident artist at the Pennsylvania Academy Country School from 1916 to 1934, where she gained much inspiration from the surrounding woods, meadows, and open sky.

Miller’s work has been exhibited at the National Academy of Design, the Detroit Institute of Art, the Brooklyn Museum, the Art Institute of Chicago, the Phillips Memorial Gallery, the Peabody Institute, the Carnegie Institute, the Albright Gallery and more.

The pieces chosen for this exhibition highlight Miller’s vibrant palette, draftsmanship, and use of light. The art sale will feature widely exhibited larger works as well as smaller drawings and etching proofs.

The proceeds of this sale will benefit the List Gallery. It was made possible by a donation by the artist’s niece Virginia Stern Brown ’49 and her husband Kenneth Brown ’47.