Sports Update 12/10

Scoreboard
M. Basketball Moravian 70, Swarthmore 51

MEN’S BASKETBALL: Greyhounds Race Past Garnet

BETHLEHEM, Pa. — Garnet senior guard Matt Kurman led Swarthmore (2-6) with 10 points while classmate Ian McCormick added nine points and six rebounds as Moravian (7-2) topped Swarthmore 70-51 in non-conference basketball action Monday night at Johnson Hall.

McCormick was recently named to the D3hoops.com Team of the Week for play during the week of Nov. 26 – Dec. 2.

ATHLETICS: Prudente To Be Inducted Into Small College Basketball Hall of Fame

PHILADELPHIA — Legendary Swarthmore coach Ernie Prudente will be inducted into the Philadelphia Area Small College Basketball Hall of Fame at a luncheon in his honor on Tuesday, December 11. Prudente was the winningest coach at Haverford College and second-winningest coach at Swarthmore College when he coached the Fords and Garnet from the 1950s on into the 1980s.

ATHLETICS: Mullarkey Academic Performer of Year; Three Others Listed

PHILADELPHIA, Pa. — Swarthmore soccer player Cait Mullarkey ’09 was named the 2007 Philadelphia Inquirer Women’s Soccer Academic Performer of the Year while Ladulé Lako Lo Sarah ’09, Natalie Stone ’09 and Ryan Sutcliffe ’08 were also selected Academic All-Area for their respective sports.

Upcoming Events:

W. Basketball at Bryn Mawr Tues., Dec. 11 at 7:00 pm